Summer drink ideas to keep you cool, hydrated, and flourishing all summer 2021. This roundup of drink recipes for the season includes fruity smoothies, frozens, boozy wine cocktails, and the best iced tea ideas.
How are y'all holding up in this heat? With these temperatures, I want nothing more than to be posted up at home with the AC blasting until about mid-October. But since I have to make a living and have a life (there's a difference!) I need to leave my house on a regular basis. The pandemic has had us in the house too long and we are outside with a vengeance. So today, I'm sharing a mouthwatering summer drinks to make at home--easy sips to cool you off in this unrelenting weather. Start scrolling then get to sipping!
The Best Summertime Frozen Drinks
- Cherry Pineapple Margs are gorgeous and strong! Simple toss everything in a blender and toast to the lit-ness. (alcoholic)
- Frozen Watermelon Mint Lemonade was inspired by Chik-fil-A's watermelon mint lemonade a few summers ago. And it's even better and fresher, if you can believe that!
- Strawberry Pineapple Frosé combines three simple ingredients in a blender to make the perfect millennial pink summer drink. (alcoholic)
Seasonal & Fruity Cocktails
- Berries Bourbon & Champagne is one of my absolute favorite cocktails ever and perfect for any bourbon fan--strong, a little sweet, and bursting with ripe juicy berries. (alcoholic)
- Brown Sugar Pineapple Whiskey is a true treat to the senses. Good for special occasions like the end of a long workday. (alcoholic)
- Cherry Elderflower Smash is a light, and easy vodka cocktail--everything you want for summertime refreshment with a boozy kick. (alcoholic)
- Mezcal Ranch Water is a Texas classic that is low maintenance and ultra refreshing. (alcoholic)
- Passion Fruit Margs will turn up your summertime taco Tuesdays with no sweat. (alcoholic)
- Pineapple Dark & Stormy is an even more tropical twist on the classic dark & stormy cocktail and SO easy to make. (alcoholic)
Lemonade and Tea Recipes for Summer
- Fizzy Honey Ginger Lemonade combines classic lemonade flavor with ginger beer.
- Honey & Lavender Lemonade takes regular lemonade and makes it more elegant with an easy twist of lavender simple syrup.
- Peach Ginger Mint Iced Tea will cool you off quick on a hot summer day and you can brew it by the glass for convenience.
- Sparkling Strawberry Mint Limeade makes a big batch perfect for families or parties.
- Zobo Tea Lemoande is fruity, floral, naturally sweet, and tart. Basically everything in a glass.
Smoothies with Summer Fruits
- Blackberry Açai Smoothie is deep, sweet, and a little earthy with hidden leafy greens.
- Cherry Ginger Smoothie is a summertime flavor favorite with fresh or frozen cherries, pineapple, and a twist of ginger.
- Green Smoothie for Glowing Skin is easy, full of good-for-you ingredients that will keep your skin popping during the season of wearing less and going out more.
- Summer Fruit Medley Smoothie combines summer berries, cherries, and stone fruit for the whole dang season in a glass.
- Pineapple Matcha Green Smoothies will keep you full til lunchtime with tropical mangoes, pineapple, and banana plus Greek yogurt, oats, and a hidden green boost of spinach.
Wine Cocktail Ideas for 2021
- Cherry Rosé Spritzer Drake said it's spritzer season, so you must try this one made with your favorite rosé, sparkling water, fresh cherries, mint, and elderflower liqueur.
- Lemon Ginger Bellini Punch uses simple ingredients like sparkling wine and ginger ale to make bellini punch by the pitcher. Perfect for summer brunch at home!
- Pineapple Jalapeño Mimosas three ingredients for a sweet and spicy brunch alternative to your regular ol' OJ but still simple.
- Stone Fruit Rosé Sangria is a pretty-in-pink drink you will feel so fly sipping poolside!
- Strawberry Mint Mimosas are the perfect 2021 brunch cocktail and so refreshing you'll never want to go back to regular mimosas. Like ever.
- Sweet & Spicy Sangria will cool you off...with a kick! Oranges, strawberries, peaches, and fresh jalapeño mingle with sweet wine and rum.