I have previously discussed my love of quick breads. This applesauce quick bread is the first one I ever made and it has become a Fall staple for my family. As you can probably tell from its name, applesauce is the star ingredient here. You can use any type of applesauce including my easy slow cooker applesauce. 🙂 The applesauce adds undeniable moistness and a mild apple flavor to the bread, which is complemented by spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Full disclosure: I know that quick bread isn't really bread. It's more like a loaf shaped cake, but let's not get bogged down in the details, y'all. Focus on what we're all here for:
This applesauce quick bread tastes even better warmed up and topped with butter or the
addictive tasty caramel sauce I shared last week. We eat this as a snack, for breakfast, and for dessert...pretty much, as often as we can. One loaf does not last for a long time around my house. I am always on the lookout for more quick bread variations and would love to hear suggestions from y'all so let me know in the comments if you have any recipes that I must try.
Simple, lightly sweet quick bread flavored with applesauce and warm spices like cinnamon
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together butter, egg, and sugar.
- Mix in dry ingredients, scraping sides of bowl as necessary then mix in applesauce and maple syrup. Spoon batter into a small loaf pan.
- Bake for about forty minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan for about twenty minutes. Serve warm.