Sparkling strawberry mint limeade is an extremely refreshing, five-ingredient drink that's all natural, easy to make, and perfect for summertime! Originally published April 2018. Last updated April 2023.
Today, I'm teaching you how to make a classic summer drink you'll want to sip on over and over through warm summer weather. Let's get into the delicious details!
What does it taste like?
This is basically a strawberry mojito mocktail. You'll taste sweet and juicy red berry flavor layered with lots of mouth-puckering lime. Lastly, it's slightly cooling and minty fresh. My bubbly mint berry limeade tastes like a fruit flavored mojito without the rum!
What You'll Need for this Recipe
How to make strawberry limeade at home? Start with fresh ingredients! Here's what to add to your grocery list.
- Strawberries provide the beautiful color and juicy flavor. This drink really pops during strawberry season but can be made year round with berries that aren't as ripe by adjusting the amount of sweetener. I don't recommend frozen strawberries in this recipe as the texture will be different.
- Limes lend that familiar sour pucker. We'll use both the zest and the juice so fresh limes are best. If you don't have access to fresh limes, I recommend using fresh lemons as a next resort and bottled lime juice as a last.
- Mint Leaves should also be fresh. Dried mint will not work here.
- Sugar - I recommend granulated sugar in this recipe. Maple syrup, honey syrup, or agave nectar also work just note that the color of the drink will be different with the first two. And you may need to adjust the amounts to suit your taste.
- Sparkling Water provides the bubbly touch that elevates this drink from flavored limeade drink to fizzy fruit mocktail. Use whatever brand you prefer. Mineral water, seltzer, and club soda all work fine.
- Ice cools everything off, of course! A must for spring and summer refreshment.
How to make a Virgin Strawberry Mojito
There's a two-step process to making this sparkling strawberry mint limeade. First, add the sugar, strawberry, mint, and lime zest and juice into a blender or food processor to create a kind of concentrated syrup.
Next, simply mix the syrup with seltzer water to get to the sparkling part. This method allows you to make anything from a glass or two at a time to a full pitcher.
Tips & Tools
Grab a sharp knife and cutting board to prep the strawberries and limes. You'll also need a microplane to zest the limes. Lastly, a blender or food processor to create the strawberry mint lime syrup that is the flavor base of this fizzy mocktail recipe.
Can I make this a big batch limeade recipe? Absolutely. Multiply the measurements in the recipe card below to craft as many servings as you need to entertain or enjoy solo.
Can I make it ahead of time? Yes. The concentrated syrup keeps for up to two weeks when stored refrigerated in an airtight container.
More Favorite Fruity Mocktail Recipes
How to Serve
I first created this drink for a girls night in. It's the perfect zero-proof drink for a crowd. Garnish with a slice of fresh lime, strawberry, and sprig of fresh mint if you want to evoke full on mocktail mojito vibes.
More Summer Strawberry Dishes
Now that you've got a three step mocktail recipe on lock, live your best life this summer. And sharing is caring so be sure to save this recipe for later and follow me over on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Bubbly Strawberry and Mint Limeade Recipe
Sparkling Strawberry Mint Limeade
- 1 Blender
- 1 microplane
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- ½ pint strawberries plus more for garnish
- 1 bunch fresh mint plus more for garnish
- 5 limes plus more for garnish
- 64 ounces seltzer water or club soda, chilled
- ¾ cup sugar
- Hull strawberries and add to blender.
- Use a microplane to zest limes into the blender then cut each one in half and squeeze their juice over top.
- Add mint leaves and sugar to blender and pulse until liquified and uniform (about two minutes).
- The syrup will be bright red with flecks of green from the ground mint and lime zest.
- Add two ounces of strawberry mint lime syrup per eight ounces of sparkling water and stir to combine. Serve over ice and garnish with additional strawberry, lime, and mint, if desired.