I created this sparkling strawberry mint limeade last year and shared it as part of the menu for this girls’ night in. It was a big hit and I continued playing with the recipe throughout the spring and summer. A few failed renditions and many photos later, I found that the original version was not to be topped and thought it would be the perfect spring a summer refreshment to share with y’all as we go into warmer weather. The heat is almost upon us–especially in Texas–so I don’t think anybody could complain about an ice-cold drink, right?
There’s a two-step process to making this sparkling strawberry mint limeade. First, you throw the sugar, strawberry, mint, and lime ingredients into a blender or food processor to create a kind of concentrated syrup. Then you simply mix it up in a pitcher or carafe with seltzer water to get to the sparkling part. This method also allows you to make just a glass or two at a time, if you like. The syrup keeps in the fridge for about a week, in my experience. I think this recipe would also work wonderfully with different flavors like raspberry, blueberry, lemon, and maybe even orange. I’ll get to work on trying these out. 🙂 In the meantime, you should also check out this fizzy honey ginger lemonade and honey lavender lemonade for your summer sipping.
I’m a big fan of frozen blender drinks, in case you couldn’t already tell from these 2-minute frozen cherry pineapple margs or this frosé recipe! For a non-alcoholic option, this frozen watermelon mint lemonade could not possibly be easier.
In case you’re thirsty after reading this, take a drink of water then check out my drinks page for more ideas. 🙂 Are there any other beverages you want me to blog about? Thanks for reading!
A sparkling, refreshing twist on a summertime favorite made with fresh strawberries, mint leaves, lime juice, and lime zest
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries hulled
- 10 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 5 fresh limes juice from all and zest from two
- 72 ounces seltzer water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- additional limes, sliced optional garnish
- additional strawberries, halved optional garnish
- Add strawberries, mint leaves, lime juice, zest, and sugar to a blender and blend until liquified. This is the syrup for your limeade.
- Add syrup to a pitcher and top up with seltzer water.
- Add additional lime slices, mint leaves, and halved strawberries if desired. Serve over ice.
Syrup keeps in the fridge for about seven days.