Hosting a wedding shower soon? The Blushing Bride is an easy, bright & bubbly, blush-colored cocktail that's perfect for anything bridal or feminine! Originally posted February 2018. Last updated October 2021.
I've been a bridesmaid many times over the past few years and was once tasked with mixing up a signature bridal shower cocktail. Our bride was not a heavy drinker and the bridal color scheme was blush and gold. With those two things in mind, I decided to create a light, ultra-feminine, blush-colored drink. It was a big hit and has been shared many times since then. For any bridesmaids, maids and matrons of honor, hostesses, and bridal party folks out there, meet your new best friend: the blushing bride cocktail. She's gorgeous, delicious, and extremely easy to make. Let's get into the details of this rose gold bridal champagne cocktail recipe.
If you enjoy pretty pink & sparkling cocktails, check these out next!
What You'll Need for this Recipe
This flirty girly pink drink recipe is really simple. You will only need three ingredients and can grab them all in one swoop at the liquor store or have them delivered for even more ease.
Rosé is the natural choice for a blush-colored cocktail and I recommend using a sparkling one for added fun and a touch of sophistication. It is a celebration, after all! Elderflower liqueur adds a brightness and slight sweetness but takes away from the signature color, so I added a little dash of grenadine and a star was born. This easy drink has been requested at nearly every bridal shower I've hosted and is always a hit--did I mention I've been in a lot of weddings Grenadine is a sure-fire way to achieve a bright red-colored cocktail so be sure to go easy with it. Just a splash will do.
As far as tools, this is still a low-maintenance bridal shower cocktail. No need to bust out anything fancy. Just a jigger to measure out the liquids and a bar spoon. If you don't have either of those, don't worry. A good ole' shot glass will work in place of a jigger (it matches the capacity of the large size) and a table spoon can work in place of a bar spoon. Just stir very gently.
How to Serve this Cocktail at a Bridal Shower
Since you're probably hosting a bridal shower soon, here are a few pretty presentation ideas to serve your bridal cocktails. Scroll to the how-to video just above the recipe card to learn how to execute each option flawlessly.
- Float edible flowers in each glass. This is an on-theme idea for wedding showers and plays perfectly with the floral notes in the cocktail. Be sure to use edible, organic flowers since they'll come into contact with the drinks and possibly be consumed. You don't want to poison any guests! I like tea roses (as pictured) and here's a list of edible flowers to consider.
- Garnish with fresh berries. I love raspberries in this feminine cocktail because guests get an extra treat at the end of their sips. You can also use strawberries, if you like.
- Rim the glasses in sugar. This is a tried and true tip but probably the most time-intensive of the three options. It will also add a touch more sweetness to the drinks so keep that in mind.
For past showers, I have served this drink by the glass but you can even make the blushing bride in a big batch for self-service! Bridesmaids and hostesses are already putting in a lot of work. Make it easy on yourself. The printable recipe card below gives you the option to change the number of servings so you know exactly how much of each ingredient you'll need to serve your party size. Here are gorgeous glasses and beverage dispensers for ideas on how to serve bridal shower drinks. Click to check them out.
Hosting Inspo & Resources for Bridesmaids
I realize you probably need more than a cocktail recipe to pull off a memorable shower or bachelorette event so I've pulled together a few really good (if I do say so myself) resources from around the blog to help you plan and take some of the pressure off. Being a bridesmaid is a fun time. It's also stressful. I hope they help you!
- Beyoncé Themed Bachelorette Ideas
- Bridal Shower Hosting Q&A
- Bridesmaid Etiquette (Dos & Don'ts)
- Lemonade Bridal Shower Ideas
If you're in the midst of any kind of wedding or wedding event planning, I'm sending you good vibes and a strong drink. And sharing is caring so be sure to pin this pretty pink bridal drink over on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
How-to Video: The Blushing Bride
The Perfect Easy Bridal Shower Cocktail Recipe
The Blushing Bride Cocktail
- 2 ounces elderflower liqueur chilled
- ¼ ounce grenadine
- sparkling rosé chilled
- Pour elderflower liqueur into a champagne flute then add grenadine to create a "blush" or "rose gold" color.
- Top up with sparkling rosé.
- Stir and enjoy responsibly!