Last weekend, three of us hosted a staycation bachelorette party followed by a bridal shower for our friend and linesister, Adrianne. She is a dues-paying Beyhive member so picking a theme for the festivities was easy. Y'all loved the coverage of both via my Instagram stories so I wanted to be sure to share the planning and hosting details for each one. We'll get into the bachelorette party next week. 🙂 Here is what went into the Beyoncé Inspired Lemonade Bridal Shower!
Beyoncé Bridal Shower Menu
Our menu included an assortment of savory finger foods, fresh fruits, cocktails, and cake--named after classic Queen Bey lyrics. Here are even more bridal shower menu ideas.
- BBQ Jelly Meatballs "I don't think you're ready for this jelly."
- Assorted Wings "I got hot sauce in my bag."
- Champagne & Greens Salad "...taste like a night of champagne"
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits "I take his ass to Red Lobster!"
- Deviled Eggs
- Fruit & Cheese Skewers
- Watermelon "I been drankin..."
- Skittles "It's the sweetest in the middle."
- Classic Lemonade
- Bourbon Spiked Lemonade
- Mimosa Bar with OJ, Champagne, and Berries
- White & White Chocolate Cake "Cake by the pound"
Cake: Three Brothers Bakery | Biscuits: Red Lobster | Wings: Wing Stop
Beyoncé Bridal Shower Decor
Our color scheme was blush and gold with green and yellow accents that tied into the bridal shower invitation I made on Canva. We mainly sourced decor from Arne's, At Home, JoAnn Fabric, Michael's, and Dollar Tree. With a Lemonade theme, lemons had to be abundant. And, thankfully, they're not too pricey. We dispersed whole lemons through faux ivy and eucalyptus garlands on pretty much every surface, floated tea light candles on top of lemon slices in votive holders filled with water, and filled three-foot tall vases with halved lemons and water. To achieve the overall look, we used about 50 lemons. Pro Tip: Firmly wedge each lemon piece in your vase prior to adding water so that they stay in place and don't float to the top. Some adjustment along the way may be necessary.
Beyoncé Bridal Shower Craft Ideas
- Beyonce Lyric Stemless Wine Glasses: The personalized glasses you see at each place setting were made using gold vinyl and a Cricut machine. These doubled as party favors that each guest could take home.
- Bride to Bey Sash: Likewise, we made this sash using the same Cricut and gold vinyl and 2 ¼" white satin ribbon. If you already have or know someone with a Cricut (like we did), the cost just equals the price of the vinyl and ribbon, which was easily under $10. You can beat that for something completely custom.
- Bride's Chair: I love doing these chairs because they add an extra touch to the bride's table and are easy to execute. Full tutorial here.
- Feyoncé Cake Topper: I had found some cute themed cake toppers on Etsy but they were either overpriced or wouldn't arrive in time. Once I saw them, though, I was committed to the idea so I had to get creative to make it happen. I whipped up an easy template to work with in Canva in just a few minutes then purchased a sheet of glitter card stock paper from JoAnn. (Any craft store should carry it, too.) The end result only cost $1 and looked fabulous!
Feyoncé Cake Topper Tutorial
- Print out this template on Canva then carefully cut out the word to make a kind of stencil.
- Flip stencil upside-down and trace outline of stencil onto the backside of a sheet of glitter card stock. This will ensure that the words face the right direction when used.
- Carefully cut out words from glitter card stock.
- Optional - Cover both sides of paper in clear masking or scotch tape then cut away excess tape from around letters.
- Tape one toothpick to the backside of the topper behind the "Y" and another behind the "N" about halfway up so that they protrude out to stick down into the cake but are not seen over the top. Feel free to add more toothpicks for stability.
On me: Midi Skirt | Bodysuit | Sandals
Beyoncé Bridal Shower Photo Booth
An event is just not an event these days without a photo booth. I've never had to rent one, though, because I'm about that DIY life. Here's my tutorial for a $20 photo booth and an easy giant Instagram photo frame idea. My beautiful co-hosts actually built photo booth backdrop from pallets and greenery tiles! We were working into the wee hours of the morning so the process isn't documented but here's a similar tutorial. And we used this pack of photo booth props from Bespoke Bride.
Beyoncé Bridal Shower Playlist
New hits, old classics, and a healthy sprinkle of Beyoncé and Jay Z. Here's the playlist on Apple Music. Pro Tip: If the groom pops up, cue something sappy. We played "Love on Top"!
Beyoncé Bridal Shower Games
These are standard bridal shower games that aren't cheesy and a lot of fun if you have an engaged (read: competitive) group. To make them Beyoncé-esque, incorporated some Queen Bey related questions into them, which was easy because the bride loves her.
- Get to Know the Guests
- He Said/She Said
- Who Knows the Bride Best?
I hope these Beyoncé Inspired Lemonade Bridal Shower details inspire your next bridal celebration. If you're a Beyoncé-loving bride, go ahead and send this link to your bridesmaids. And if nobody has put a ring on it yet, save this in your future wedding file--I know you have one. 🙂 If I missed anything you wanted to know about, let me know below or drop me line. Thanks for reading!
Perfection! I couldn't ask for more creative linesisters. Everything was beautiful 😭😭😭