This post has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMazolaMarinade
Summer is creeping up on us and I think we would all love to spend as much time as possible outdoors in the coming months. More cooking and dining outside is a big part of the changing seasons and I've partnered with Mazola® Corn Oil today to share my Moroccan-spiced chicken skewers recipe, which is perfect for the grill. A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com. Let's get into the delicious details of this recipe!
Mazola Corn Oil is a heart-healthy* cooking oil and creates marinades that make great-tasting food because it has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
If you have a handful of spices in your pantry, you can make these juicy grilled chicken kabobs in under an hour! I combine the simple spices listed below with Mazola Corn Oil and a bit of lemon juice to make a quick and flavorful marinade. Once you try these, Moroccan-spiced chicken skewers will become a new staple in your summer grilling routine.
How to Season Chicken Skewers
My Moroccan-spiced chicken skewers only call for seven simple spices and they come together beautifully for the perfect combination of savory, sweet, and a hint of spiciness. And, to finish with a flourish, garnish them with some fresh mint leaves. The flavors will jump out at you and this dish is a total chef's kiss! Here is my seasoning mix:
- Black Pepper
- Brown Sugar
- Chili Powder
- Kosher Salt
I hope you get to spend an abundance of time outside enjoying Moroccan-spiced chicken skewers and whatever else you enjoy about the season. Sharing is caring, so be sure to pin this recipe on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Moroccan-Spiced Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 4 skewers
- Grill or grill pan
- ½ cup Mazola Corn Oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (or thighs) cut into two-inch chunks
- fresh mint leaves chopped
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and spices.
- Pour over prepared chicken and stir to coat evenly. Set aside and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, divide marinated chicken evenly between four metal skewers.
- Grill skewers of chicken for about 6-8 minutes on each side (turning once) or until cooked through. Carefully remove from grill.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
*see Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.