This craft mocktail is easy to make, bubbly, and bursting with flavor from just six familiar ingredients you probably have on hand!
Whether you're here for a dry January drink recipe or a spectacular cold summer beverage to sip on during warmer days, you're in exactly the right spot. Let's get into the delicious details.
Are mocktails healthy?
The short answer is that it depends. The absence of alcohol makes a mocktail more healthy in comparison to a traditional cocktail. But mocktails can have a lot of sugar and are sometimes made with artificial colors and flavorings. This drink combines colorful and flavorful natural ingredients without a lot of sugar for a pretty healthy mocktail recipe.
What You'll Need for this Recipe
Here's what to add to your grocery list for a properly refreshing fizzy beverage at home.
- Digestive Bitters add to the healthy factor because they support efficient digestion. Adding bitters to a mocktail is just like adding to an alcoholic cocktail. It's considered the seasoning of the drink and truly finishes the flavor.
- Spearmint Tea is the base of this drink and one of my favorites. Feel free to use the mint tea of your choice. Loose leaf tea works just as well as a tea bag here.
- Hot Water makes steeping the tea a quick process but don't worry--everything gets cooled down over ice!
- Honey Ginger Syrup is honey infused with fresh ginger and thinned out, which makes it easy to mix into cold liquid. So it adds not only flavor but convenience to this recipe.
- Lemon Juice from a fresh lemon is the best option here, however, you can use bottled lemon juice, if you don't have access to fresh. Lime is also a good substitute.
- Sparkling Water adds the bubbles that help make it a refreshing mocktail for spring! Use whatever brand you prefer. Club soda or seltzer also work.
- Fresh Mint Leaves amp up the minty fresh taste of the tea and helps layer the flavor. Use it for an easy garnish, too!
What does it taste like?
This is a well-balanced craft drink recipe with no alcohol. You'll taste cooling freshness from the mint with bright sour notes from the lemon. The ginger honey and digestive bitters round out the flavor profile. And you can adjust any of these elements to build the taste to your preference.
If you like mojitos, you'll love this mojito mocktail riff!
Tips & Tools
Grab a cocktail shaker and a muddler to build this drink. You can use the blunt end of a cooking spoon in place of a muddler, if needed. You'll also need either a jigger or shot glass to measure out the liquid ingredients.
How to serve it? I like to pour into a fancy glass and sip through a glass straw. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and that's it!
Can I make this drink in advance? Yes, you can make this recipe up to three days ahead of time. Mix up all the ingredients, except for the fizzy water. Reserve that until just before serving.
Is this mocktail good for PCOS?
You know I'm your girl for that! When asking what to drink to balance your hormones, you probably hear a lot about spearmint tea. Spearmint tea is well known for decreasing testosterone and androgens, which can help alleviate common symptoms we deal with like hormonal acne and facial hair.
This hormone-friendly drink for people with PCOS counts toward the two cups per day recommendation. I like to pair this sip with a protein packed snack to make it more blood sugar friendly.
More Favorite Zero Proof Drink Recipes
I hope this crafted sparkling mint tea hits the spot for you. And sharing is caring so be sure to pin the recipe for later and follow me over on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Bubbly Mint Tea Mocktail Recipe
Sparkling Ginger Mint Mocktail
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 1 muddler
- 1 strainer optional
- 1 lemon
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 ½ ounce honey ginger syrup
- 2 dashes digestive bitters
- 8 ounces brewed spearmint tea room temperature
- sparkling water
- Cut lemon into quarters. Add lemon pieces and fresh mint leaves to cocktail shaker and muddle to express oils and juice.
- Add honey ginger syrup, digestive bitters, tea, and ice to shaker. Seal shaker and shake vigorously to liquid is chilled (about 5-10 seconds).
- Fill a highball glass halfway with ice. Strain shaken mixture into glass over fresh ice.
- Top up the glass with sparkling water. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and lemon peel, if desired. Serve cold.