Make a coffeehouse quality matcha tea latte with refreshing spearmint flavor in just five minutes. This is a healthy warm drink for women with PCOS that anyone can enjoy!
I'm hooked on making easy homemade lattes and matcha is in regular rotation because of the energy boost it provides. I enjoy adding different flavors to it and a homemade mint matcha has become my top choice because of the hormone balancing benefits and unique taste. Intrigued? Let's get into the details!
If you like to make tea lattes at home, try these recipes, too!
How does it taste?
This spearmint and matcha tea drink is refreshing, herbaceous, and earthy with a touch of sweetness thanks to honey or whichever sweetener you choose to use. The texture is smooth and creamy. I love this PCOS friendly morning drink because it combines two superfoods for PCOS management in one simple recipe!
Matcha is a lower-caffeine energy option, which is great for people like me, who may struggle to metabolize caffeine due to PCOS. And spearmint helps reduce androgens, which cause PCOS symptoms like facial hair and acne.
What You'll Need for this Recipe
The ingredient list for this minty matcha latte recipe is short and sweet. Here's what to add to your grocery list.
- Matcha (Ceremonial or Culinary Grade)
- Mint Tea
I recommend ceremonial grade matcha for making the best matcha lattes at home. Be sure to check the label and ingredient list of what you buy. The only ingredient should be the matcha! And my favorite mint tea to use in this recipe is Asami's Casablanca Mint African Tea. It's actually a blend of spearmint and peppermint.
I like these reusable tea strainers for brewing the loose tea. They're sustainable, convenient, and easy to clean. Then grab a frothing wand to mix up the matcha and create that nice latte foam. And, of course, you'll need a mug to sip your mint matcha tea.
What Flavors go well with Matcha?
I love the fresh, earthy flavor of high quality matcha and it pairs with so many different flavors. For a nutty twist, I make a mean pistachio matcha latte (hot or iced) and when I want a smoothie, I mix matcha with pineapple and mint. Lavender is another tasty complement to matcha drinks, and a touch of vanilla adds a nice smoothness, in my opinion.
I hope you'll add my matcha spearmint latte to your morning routine soon and very soon. And sharing is caring so be sure to pin this green tea latte recipe for later and follow me over on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Mint Matcha Tea Latte Recipe
Mint Matcha Latte
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons honey or to taste
- 1 teaspoon mint tea or one tea bag
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- ⅔ cup steamed milk
- Add mint tea to hot water in a mug and allow to steep for 2-3 minutes. Remove tea.
- Add matcha and honey steeped mint tea. Using either a frothing wand or bamboo whisk, mix vigorously until matcha and honey are dissolved.
- Use frothing wand to make foam in the steamed milk: place wand into milk at an angle and turn on. Move wand up and down just below surface of milk to introduce air for about 15 seconds. This is what creates the light, fluffy foam.
- Pour steamed milk and foam into matcha and mint tea mixture. Enjoy carefully.