A cozy, comforting coffee-free pumpkin spice latte is in reach with this fall chai recipe. Make it in just minutes with only four ingredients!
The girls start going up for pumpkin spice lattes before fall even officially hits and even though I'm not a coffee drinker, I wanna have fun, too. Enter my honey pumpkin chai version that comes together quickly and easily for a cozy homemade moment on even the busiest mornings. Let's get into the details!
If you like making lattes at home, check these out, too.
What Does it Taste Like?
This is an ultra creamy chai latte because of the pumpkin puree and almond milk combination. You'll taste all the warming chai spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger plus a sweet golden honey note. This homemade pumpkin chai drink takes pumpkin spice and elevates it. And because the black tea in my chai blend has half the caffeine of coffee, you won't get the same harsh jolt. It's much more mellow. That also means this is a PCOS friendly pumpkin spice latte, especially with the cinnamon and pumpkin.
What You'll Need for this Recipe
You only need four simple ingredients to make a pumpkin spice chai latte at home. Here's what to add to your grocery list.
- Instant Chai Blend
- Pumpkin Puree
I make my own instant blend of chai spices and tea for quick homemade lattes and highly recommend keeping it on hand because it lasts for a while. Alternatively, you can use tea bags or a liquid chai concentrate. I recommend these chai bags for more authentic flavor. As far as milk, I typically use almond but feel free to substitute your favorite. And if you want to make a vegan pumpkin spice latte, use maple syrup or agave in place of the honey.
Grab a rechargeable frothing wand to mix everything up quickly and create a nice latte foam. And my preference is to create my chai pumpkin lattes in a large measuring cup to contain any splashes then easily pour into a cute mug.
Choosing Milk for Homemade Tea Lattes
Choose your liquid wisely. I use a variety of plant-based milks to achieve different results. Oat milk is my go to for making matcha lattes because it's extra creamy, which balances out the water content. But I like almond milk for today's recipe because it thins out the pumpkin puree. Likewise with a maca latte, which can get very thick. And coconut milk is the perfect flavor pairing in my tropical hibiscus tea latte.
This is the perfect chai latte with pumpkin for fall and I hope you enjoy it. And sharing is caring so be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow me over on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Chai Spiced Pumpkin Latte Recipe
Pumpkin Chai Latte
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons honey or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon instant chai powder or 1 teabag
- Heat milk for about two minutes or until steaming (but not boiling). This can easily be done in the microwave.
- If using a teabag, add it to the steamed milk to steep for two to three minutes. If not skip to the next step.
- Add pumpkin puree, honey, and chai powder to steamed milk. Carefully use frothing wand to make foam in the mixture: place wand into liquid at an angle and turn on. Move wand up and down just below surface of milk to introduce air for about 15 seconds. This is what creates the light, fluffy foam.
- Pour pumpkin chai latte into a mug and enjoy carefully.