Sustaining the cycle of dollars within the Black community is important to me and I’ve been talking about it for awhile. And since last year, there’s been much more interest in supporting Black-owned businesses and brands and I want to help you keep that same energy going until forever. So today, I’m dropping off 28 Black-owned brands to shop every day of this Black History Month and beyond.
It’s most impactful to shop Black owned regularly for products and services that we will sustainably use on a recurring basis so I made sure to include several everyday items from Black businesses in addition to things that make great gifts from Black-owned brands, so you’re covered either way. The goal of this guide is to help you make buying Black a part of your routine and that you find a few things to share with your community.
Black-Owned Beauty & Skincare Brands to Shop in 2021
If you got deeper into skincare last year, these Black beauty brands and skincare companies are right on time.
- Fenty Beauty & Fenty Skin Cosmetics and skincare so inclusive, every other brand had to step their game up. Also available at Sephora.
- Holly Hall Supply Co. – Simple, straightforward skincare for all genders, based in Houston, Texas, baby.
- Mischo Beauty – Award-winning vegan nail lacquers in gorgeous colors like “unbothered” and “undaunted” Also available at Macy’s.
- Pat McGrath Labs – Luxury cosmetics in beautiful packaging from the godmother of makeup. Also available at Sephora.
- Soultri Scents – All-natural body butters and polishes perfect for at-home spa nights.
Black-Owned Home Decor & Accessories
Because we’re all spending more time at home, check out these Black-owned brands to support as you style your space.
- Bespoke Binny – Ankara and African printed interior textiles, accessories, and home goods from a small, Black woman-owned business. Also on Etsy.
- Karen Jai Home – Luxury home decor accessories including everything from throw pillows home bar necessities.
- Mattie James – Motivational mugs to start your day on an empowered note from the OG influencer fairy godmother.
- Olphactory Candles – Richly-scented candles inspired by Jazz music. Truly my favorite Black-owned candle brnd. Use code “DASHOFJAZZBHM” for 20% off sitewide during Black History Month 2021!
Books from Black Authors & Black-Owned Publications
- Professional Troublemaker: The Fear-Fighter Manual by Luvvie Ajayi Jones – THE self-help book of 2021.
- Radiant Health Magazine – stunning luxury print magazine focused on health, style, culture, and inspiration for African women.
- The Souls of Black Folks by W.E.B. Du Bois – A Classic must-read for any and every person.
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi – Follow up to one of my all-time favorite books, Homegoing from a supremely talented writer.
Black Food Brands
We all have to eat. Here are a few 2021 Black-Owned brands to stock your fridge and pantry with.
- A Dozen Cousins – Soulfully seasoned ready-to-eat beans, grains, and legumes that I keep on hand for power bowls and meal prep. Also on Amazon.
- Blk & Bold Coffee – Whole bean and ground coffees, loose leaf teas, and merchandise. Also available at Target.
- Sienna Sauce – All-natural condiments free of gluten and HFCS from a teenage CEO here in Houston. Look out for her on Shark Tank this month and snag a few bottles before she blows up!
- Vicky Cakes Pancake & Waffle Mix – Vegan-friendly pancake and waffle mixes, syrups, and tool to make your breakfast better.
- Yolele – Ancient African grains and pilaf blends from renowned chef and restaurateur Pierre, Thiam. Also available on Amazon.
Black-Owned Wine and Liquor Brands to Shop in 2021
Black distillers, vintners, and breweries are making their presence known. Here are a few Black-owned spirits to add to your home bar.
- Anteel Tequila – Twice distilled tequilas from the only Black woman-owned tequlia brand in award-winning flavors. The founder’s story is incredible.
- Birdie Brown Plain Hooch – Small-batch, unaged whiskey inspired by the late distilling and homesteading pioneer, Birdie Brown. Made in her home state of Montana.
- Black Momma Vodka – Woman owned, five-time distilled vodka in flavors like chai and peach tea.
- Brough Brothers’ Bourbon – Medium body bourbon from the first Black-owned distillery in the state of Kentucky. I will be first in line for a tour when it’s safe to do so. In the meantime, shop here.
- Love Cork Screw – Wines, virtual wine tastings, and subscriptions from a Black woman entrepreneur with names for the culture like “We Go High” and “Hard Knock Life”
Black Designers and Black-Owned Apparel
Here are a few of my favorite Black-owned clothing brands to shop now and forever.
- Branded by CB – Sexy size-inclusive brand by two besties. Shop here for everything from loungewear to resort style.
- Flair by Ashi – Sophisticated African-centric apparel brand with beautifully tailored pieces ranging from casual to dressy. Use code “DASHJAZZ15” for 15% off sitewide during Black History Month.
- Hanifa Co – Modern, feminine, luxury wear that you’ve probably already seen your favorite influencer rocking. Shop here to make a statement.
- Melanin Apparel – Everyday items from tees and tanks to windbreakers and hats for the culture. Shop here for yourself and pick up gifts for loved ones.
- Spiked Spin – Bossy apparel for everyday and workouts, including dad hats, sweatshirts, and sports bras. Shop here for a confidence boost.
Share this Black-owned brands to shop for 2021 guide on Pinterest, Facebok, and Twitter so we can keep the buy Black energy going. Thanks for reading!
P.S. More Black business lists to check out