This strawberry cream cheese sheet cake is the fully-evolved (aka glowed up) version of a cake I used to make back in my undergrad days. I don't have any photos of the earlier renditions but just trust me when I say that this one is much cuter. 🙂 And, despite the fact that I was using boxed cake mix back then, this one is also simpler to create! That's because it's a sheet cake, which means only one easy layer to frost. No stacking, leveling, or crumb coats here, folks. Just a single, thick layer of naturally-flavored strawberry cake topped off with luscious cream cheese frosting then adorned with even more fresh strawberries. Included in this recipe is the basic cream cheese frosting I used on my naked bourbon carrot cake with some juicy diced strawberries mixed in.
I'm a fan of baking with fresh strawberries (these strawberries & champagne donuts are an absolute dream!) but things can get gummy--for lack of a better word--quite easily. For this reason, I cut back a bit on the liquid to keep things balanced. Strawberries are on super sale right about now so snag a couple of pints from your local grocery store or farmers market and get to work on your strawberry cream cheese sheet cake. You'll only need one to make this cake but I think you should stock up and make this lemon berry quick bread or sparkling strawberry mint limeade while you're at it. 🙂
Today happens to be National Strawberries & Cream Day so I thought it would be the perfect occasion to drop this yummy little recipe. The stars have basically aligned to encourage you to try this cake! I whipped one up for Mother's Day for my mom, grandma, aunt, and siblings to enjoy as we celebrated. It was a big hit. I hope y'all love it and thanks so much for reading!
Shop the Post
Strawberry Cream Cheese Sheet Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup strawberry puree about 5 large strawberries + 1 tablespoon water
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar sifted
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 large strawberries diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, vanilla extract, and milk. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients then mix in strawberry puree. Convey into a non-stick or greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, beat frosting ingredients (except diced strawberries) together until smooth and uniform. Fold diced strawberries into frosting.
- Frost fully cooled cake then garnish with sliced strawberries.
These look so good! I've pinned so I can make them this summer 🙂
Thank you! Summer berries are the best and will be wonderful in this cake.
My husband is going to love these!
I'm soooo happy its strawberry season and this is definitely on my holiday weekend baking list! I'm super excited about the strawberry puree IN the batter..YUM!
This looks delicious! My kids would absolutely love it! I'll have to make it with them! Thanks for the recipe!
Megan Rowsey says
I can't wait to give this a try! Perfect for a summer evening. I'm salivating just looking at it.
This looks beautiful and so delicious!
Katrina Adams says
I love anything strawberry so I can’t wait to try his cake!! 🍓
You had me at one layer! I hate spending time on incing haha. This sounds and looks delicious!
Strawberries and Cream Cheese are always the perfect combo! This sheet cake looks delish!
This is totally cute!!! I love strawberries and cheesecake :p