I previously mentioned in this post that I no longer use my bar cart to house alcohol and such but that it still gets plenty of action, especially when I'm entertaining. Today, I'm sharing how to create a beautiful DIY spring flower bar for guests using none other than the bar cart. If you don't have one, no worries. This concept can be executed with a number of other furniture pieces and I'll touch on that below. These photos are from a flower bar I created for a small brunch in my dining room. This easy little DIY allows each guest to build their own customized bouquet to take home at the end of the party and is perfect for all kinds of bridal events, brunches, tea parties, mother's day gatherings, and more. Without further ado, let's get into the details of how to bring this easy project to life.
DIY Spring Flower Bar
What You'll Need
- Fresh flowers (I used cream and pale pink garden roses, baby's breath, a bundle of eucalyptus and other greenery, yellow carnations, white hydrangeas, purple alstroemerias, and green kermit chrysanthemums or mums) Here are all my favorite tips to enjoy flowers on any budget!
- An assortment of vessels (vases, mason jars, bowls, etc.) for the flowers
- Flower Bar Sign (printable link)
- Tissue gift paper OR
- Mini vases or mason jars (These can be found at the dollar store or craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby for $1 each!)
Bart Cart Inspo
1. First, fill each vessel about halfway with water and mix in flower food or a combination of vinegar and sugar.
2. Next, trim your flower stems at an angle and remove any leaves that will sit below the water line.
3. If you have as many vessels as types of flowers, place one type in each. You can also arrange the flowers to provide inspo for your guests but be warned that it might make them hesitant to destroy your hard work! I went with the latter option and encouraged my girlfriends to pick away. 🙂
4. Arrange the vessels on your bar cart, table, counter or wherever. Have the tissue paper or mini vases on hand for each person to wrap/place their bouquet in.
Floral Wrap Dress (on clearance!)
5. Finally, print out your sign and either hang or frame nearby to encourage everyone to build their own bouquet!
I also used put my bar cart to use as a snack and drink station at this Galentine's gathering. Let me know if y'all would like to see a post on all the different ways to use a bar cart. Thanks for reading!