Last week, I visited NYC where the weather was quite cold and windy. And my skin still glowed like a champ throughout it. I am fresh faced more often than not but have been particularly pleased with how good my bare skin looks and feels lately, including in photos. I've been on an acne regimen from my dermatologist and, once we had tackled the texture, I really wanted to explore products that make my skin glowy and radiant. After exhaustively combing reviews then cautiously testing out a bunch, I found a few favorites and the glow-up is real! Below are the over-the-counter standout stars of my skincare regimen that keep my skin glowing even in the wintertime.
My Current Skincare Favorites for Glow
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum - This product goes on like a dream and just a little bit goes a long way. I have mostly oily skin so moisture is not a major concern but this hyaluronic acid serum makes my skin appear plump and juicy rather than greasy. I apply it as part of my evening skincare routine before applying a prescribed retinoid.
- Dearpacker Plum Seed Sleeping Lip Mask - After some time on my acne regimen, my lips became extremely dry. I keep chap stick and lip balm everywhere--on my nightstand, in my purse, in my car--but could never seem to apply often enough to keep them quenched during this time. A beauty blogger I follow mentioned this product and I added it to my shopping cart not long after. I didn't really know what the point of a sleeping lip mask was but was desperate. This goes on like a sticky gloss and I apply it as I'm getting into bed at night. In the morning, I have baby soft lips! Initially, I used it every night but now just once or twice per week, as needed.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - This is one of my desert island products. I use it all over and especially on my ankles and feet during the winter to keep ash at bay. It's extremely hydrating and the moisture lasts all day. The travel size is always in my suitcase when I'm on the go because I can't be without it. As I said, my skin is mostly oily so I don't typically use it on my face. But during winter, I'll apply it to random dry patches that pop up and it banishes them. This even works on your lips!
- Truly Mary Jane CBD Glow Serum - Everything has CBD in it these days, huh? I couldn't deny the pretty packaging and alluring promise of glow from this one but, honestly, didn't expect much. it got me together, though! This serum goes on really smoothly and makes my skin feel instantly soft and even. The glow factor is real and it's a clean, locally made, vegan product to boot! I apply this serum in the morning and alternate days between it and my vitamin C serum.
- TULA Purifying Face Cleanser - This cleanser has recently been re-branded as the "cult classic" and I understand the hype. After washing my face with it, my skin feels clean without the stripped and tight feeling that comes with other cleansers. I love that there's no heavy scent and appreciate the gentle but effective ingredients, namely lactic acid, probiotics, turmeric, and chicory. I cleanse my face with this at night, after workouts, and as the second step after removing makeup.
- Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 - In the past, I've needed to switch up my moisturizers as the seasons change in order to combat winter dryness. But this one works like a charm year round and has become a skincare staple for me. There are multiple versions of this moisturizer with varying SPF levels but because my derm recommends 30 at the minimum, that's the one I go for. And it doesn't leave a white film or anything on my brown skin! I moisturize with this every morning.
- Peter Thomas Roth Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches - These patches are pricey but very convenient and they provide a potent surge of moisture right around my eyes. I slap them on as part of my post-travel skincare routine because airplane air seems to just suck my skin dry. After wearing them around the house for awhile, I remove them then massage the residual serum into my skin. I use these once a week or so and as needed.
- Skin Gym Rose Quartz Facial Roller - Facial rollers have been all the rage for a couple of years now. I picked rose quartz because of its purifying and peace promoting properties. It is known to promote love and remove negative energy from your space. Why not use it on your face? I use this for gentle face massages while apply my serums.
- Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum - I actually bought this serum then let it sit in my medicine cabinet for quite a while until we got my breakouts under control. Once I started using it, I noticed a marked difference in the even tone and brightness of my skin. I either pat or roll it in on mornings when I don't use the Truly serum.
- Derma E Vitamin C Instant Radiance Facial Peel - The name is completely accurate. I notice an immediate difference in my skin and it looks positively radiant after each use. This also helps to lighten dark spots, which is clutch when you deal with acne and hyper-pigmentation. One thing to note is that the texture is strange. It's kind of goopy. Because I have another vitamin C product in my regimen, I only use this every two weeks or so.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly - Even my mostly oily skin gets dry from time to time, especially during the winter. I use this moisturizer at night and whenever I feel my skin needs an extra moisture boost. It is lightweight but effective and feels like silk on the skin. I think I could use it in the summer, too!
Never thought I'd be writing about skincare but here we are. I hope this post is helpful to you. Let me know below if you have any questions or recommendations to share. Thanks for reading!
P.S. More glow-inducing content!
Leave a Reply