Enjoy Hennessy Pure White cognac in a simple, tropical cocktail with notes of fresh lime, caramelized pineapple, and ginger.
Hennessy Pure White Cognac or "white Hennessy," as some call it, has a hold on my people. And by my people, I mean bourgeois Black millennials that travel. I fall into that category for sure but am not actually a huge cognac fan. I'm more partial to whiskey and gin so I haven't hit up any duty-free shops in the Caribbean to buy a bottle nor have I purchased one for double the price from acquaintances that did, despite many opportunities to do so. But a dear friend recently brought me a bottle back from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, and I decided to try it a few different ways. And that's how this Hennessy Pure White cocktail idea was born. It's extremely easy to make with just three ingredients and takes fewer than five minutes to make. Excited yet? Let's get into the recipe!
If you like easy cocktails with pineapple and ginger, try these recipes next.
How to Drink Pure White Hennessy
First off, what does Hennessy Pure White cognac taste like? I'm so glad you asked because I can answer that! The flavor is light, fruity, and flowery, with a smooth finish so you don't get that back-of-the-throat burn that sometimes comes with more mature cognacs. Because it's pretty easy to drink, you can certainly sip it neat or on the rocks. And my three-ingredient drink recipe highlights the delicate flavors of Hennessy Pure White nicely, allowing the spirit to shine. Here's what you'll need to make it.
- Hennessy Pure White Cognac
- Pineapple Ginger Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- Fresh Lime
Within the cocktail canon, this is technically a daiquiri but with cognac instead of rum--a Henny daiquiri, if you will. Everything for this cognac drink comes together in the rocks glass that you'll drink it out of and you don't need any cocktail tools to make it happen. Measure out your cognac and brown sugar syrup in either a jigger or a shot glass (which I know you have at home), and stir the mixture up with a cocktail spoon or dinner spoon. Check out the recipe card below to see just how simple the process is.
Hennessy Pure White Cocktail Recipe Video
Where Can I Buy Hennessy Pure White?
I'm sure there's a meme somewhere out there of a person holding up a bottle of Hennessy Pure White Cognac with the caption Tell me you've been to the Caribbean without telling me you've been to the Caribbean. White Henny is available in many Caribbean countries and I've seen it in shops during my travels to Puerto Rico, Mexico (Cozumel island, specifically), and on mainland Belize. Folks often buy multiple bottles to bring back and gift or sell to friends and I've heard it is sometimes available in liquor shops in the New York/New Jersey area via independent importers. White Hennessy can also be found in parts of Europe, namely in the Cognac area where it is produced.
Is Hennessy White illegal in the US? Contrary to what the person selling bottles in your group chat might have told you, Hennessy Pure White is not illegal to sell or consume in the United States. It just isn't widely or officially distributed here.
Tips for this Recipe
- What mixes well with Hennessy White? Aside from the mixers in this recipe, club soda, fruit nectars like guava, pear or passion fruit, ginger ale or ginger beer, pineapple juice, and tonic water are all solid options that will play nice with white henny flavor notes.
- How to garnish this cognac drink? No garnish is necessary but it never hurts to keep it simple and give a nod to the ingredients in the drink. I went with a pineapple frond due to the pineapple flavor in the brown sugar syrup but a wedge or wheel of lime would also work. Edible flowers are also a good option that tie in the light flowery flavor in the cognac.
If you get your hands on a bottle of Hennessy Pure White, you now know exactly what to do with it. And sharing is caring so pin this easy White Hennessy cocktail recipe over on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
How to Make a Cocktail with Hennessy Pure White Cognac
Tropical Hennesy Pure White Cocktail
- 2 ounces Hennessy Pure White Cognac
- ½ lime
- ¾ ounce brown sugar pineapple simple syrup
- Add ice to a rocks glass.
- Pour Hennessy Pure White and brown sugar pineapple syrup over the ice then squeeze in juice of ½ a lime.
- Gently stir to combine all ingredients. Serve immediately and enjoy responsibly.