This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrillingWithMazola
As the weather warms up, I'm all about al fresco dining and trying out new summer grilling ideas. If you're on the same wave length and like throwing salmon on the grill , this recipe is for you. The key is my easy, five-minute garlic curry grilling sauce that's full of earthy and smoky flavors with a touch of sweetness and, of course, lots of garlic. It takes the salmon over the top and will be your favorite thing to eat this summer...and every summer to come, trust. I've partnered with Mazola® Corn Oil again because a clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit MAZOLA.com. Let's get into the deliciousness!
I like a good garlicky sauce for salmon no matter how I cook it because they just go together so well, don't they? This grilled salmon recipe builds on that with a well-rounded spiced grilling sauce that is easy to make and truly delectable. The ingredients are simple and you probably have them all on hand in your pantry and fridge.
Garlic Curry Sauce for Grilling Salmon
- Curry Powder
- Garlic Cloves
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Mazola® Corn Oil
- Smoked Paprika
If you're looking for a flavorful, easy grilling sauce for seafood, you can stop now. I mean this is THE sauce for grilled salmon. Earthy yet bright due to the curry powder and fresh lemon, a little sweet from the honey, and smoky from the paprika. There's some zing from the ginger and plenty of savory going on with the abundance of ginger. Basically, she does it all.
You'll want to be sure to use an oil with a high smoke point in this sauce, which is why I go for Mazola® Corn Oil. It's my oil of choice in so many great grilled recipes, including these Moroccan spiced chicken kebabs, which you should totally try next. Mazola® Corn Oil is an all-purpose cooking oil that is a heart-healthy* choice for your family. Variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir-frying, or mixing up a marinade. I also use it in this chicken skillet dish, which is the ultimate chef's kiss.
What to Serve with Grilled Salmon
Because the garlic curry sauce on this grilled salmon packs so much flavor, it plays well with a variety of side dishes. You almost can't go wrong. Here are a few of my favorite side dishes to pair with grilled garlicky salmon.
Easy Seafood Grilling Tips
- How to know when salmon is done on the grill? You can tell salmon is done by pressing on it lightly to see if it flakes. If so, you're good to go. Compared to uncooked salmon, cooked salmon should be opaque rather than slightly translucent, pink rather than a deep coral, and should reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- How long to grill salmon? The general rule of thumb is to grill fish for 8-10 minutes per inch of thickness. This is the total grilling time so cook for half this time on one side then repeat on the other.
- What flavors go well with salmon? A few things like lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs readily come to mind for pairing with salmon and the truth is that salmon is really quite versatile. You can get creative with your aromatics, herbs and spices. Feel free to swap something out if you don't have it for this recipe. The only thing I don't recommend replacing is the Mazola® Corn Oil. Mazola® Corn Oil creates marinades that make great-tasting food because it has a neutral taste that lets the flavor of your dish stand out.
I can't wait to see what you cook up on the grill this summer. If you make this recipe and share it on social media, tag me so I can show you some love. And sharing is caring so be sure to pin this easy grilled salmon recipe on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Grilled Salmon with Curry Garlic Sauce
- Heat and prep grill. Meanwhile, pat salmon filets dry and season the flesh (pink side) with sea salt and black pepper. Then brush a thin layer of Mazola® Corn Oil on the skin (scaly) side.
- Place filets, skin side down on hot grill and cook for 4-5 minutes (longer for thicker pieces of salmon).
- Meanwhile, mix up ¼ cup Mazola® Corn Oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, garlic powder, curry powder, smoked paprika, ginger, and honey in a small bowl until uniform.
- Carefully brush or spoon sauce evenly over the flesh of each piece of salmon until it's all used. Flip salmon and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Farenheit. Serve hot and enjoy carefully.
DISCLAIMER: Corn Oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on the product label or at mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of Corn Oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in Corn Oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, Corn Oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of Corn Oil.