I hope this recipe finds you in a positive state of mind. Life as we know it looks and feels very different right now and it is so easy to become overloaded with information and caught up in fear. This post obviously focuses on food, to bring a bit of normalcy and because it's something we all still need think a little bit about. Normally, I share meals that come together quickly because we all seem to be perpetually short on time. Now that everyone's routines have been thrown off, I wanted to be sure to share something comfortable, flavorful, and easy to re-create. This coconut curry shrimp & veggies just so happens to be quick, as well. It's a one-pan dinner made with simple ingredients that are typically easy to find and takes just 20 minutes to make, from cutting board to dinner plate!
Fresh produce works wonderfully in this coconut curry shrimp dish, however, frozen would work as well. And the veggies you choose to use are just that--your choice! I used carrots and mushrooms here but think that peppers, snow peas, and more would fit in perfectly. Even the protein is flexible. You can use chicken but just keep in mind that the cooking time will be a bit longer. Shrimp cooks up in almost no time, which is why I chose to use it here. And scallops work flawlessly (I tested them) in this recipe, too. The first time I made coconut curry shrimp & veggies, I ate it with fried plantain. My favorite way to serve it, though, is with Thai jasmine rice. So good!
I hope you find some comfort in this coconut curry shrimp & veggies recipe. And, if there's anything I can create and share that would be helpful to you at this time, please let me know in the comments or shoot me an email. And remember, sharing is caring so be sure to pin this recipe on Pinterest. 🙂 Thanks for reading!
P.S. If you like coconut curry shrimp & veggies, you'll love these:
- Quick Shrimp & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 20-Minute Low Carb Salmon Skillet
- Garlic Butter Shrimp & Scallops in 10 Minutes
Coconut Curry Shrimp & Vegetables
- ⅓ onion
- 1 large bulk carrot
- 5 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ pound shrimp deveined and peeled
- sea salt to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- juice of one lime
- fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Prepare vegetables: Dice onion. Cut carrot into bite-sized pieces then into slices about ⅓-inch thick. Cut mushrooms into slices. Grate ginger. Mince or crush garlic into small pieces.
- Add oil and butter to skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add diced onion and cook until fragrant and translucent (2-3 minutes). Meanwhile salt shrimp and set aside.
- Add minced garlic, grated ginger, and curry powder to heated pan and cook until fragrant (about one minute). Stir in tomato paste and cook another two minutes until darkened slightly.
- Add coconut milk, carrots, and mushrooms to pan with a pinch of sea salt and bring to a simmer (about four minutes).
- Add shrimp to pan, covering with the sauce and cook until cooked through, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Squeeze lime juice over top of curry then stir. Serve over rice and garnish with fresh mint leaves, as desired.