If you’re reading this, I’m thirty. 🙂 And I’m not the emotional type so I won’t get sappy on y’all. I have been thinking about life up through my twenties, though. A few months ago, I started writing down things I had done or experienced that made me particularly proud–especially by this age and stage in life. I wasn’t into rushing to check off things by the deadline of the big 3-0 but saw no downside to reflecting on the good, the achievements, the blessings that have made me the woman I am today.
These are the things I’m so grateful for, damn proud of, and, honestly, still excited about. I’ve pulled some of them together here. And this isn’t me bragging. This is me extending a challenge to you to create your own list. You can share it or keep it to yourself. If you’re struggling to think of things to fill it up, take it as an opportunity to do one of two things. 1. You can shift your focus to see achievements or experiences you might be overlooking. 2. Or you can change things up to live in a way that adds to your list! Here’s my 30 by 30 list, in no particular order other than alphabetical.
My 30 by 30 List
- Bought a house.
- Created a self-care routine.
- Defined my personal style.
- Developed a fitness routine I love.
- Earned two degrees.
- Established expertise in my career.
- Expanded my palate.
- Found a church home.
- Found my go-to drink (Scotch on the rocks, in case you’re wondering).
- Fully leaned into the power of prayer.
- Got really comfortable in my skin.
- Invested in the stock market.
- Launched a profitable business.
- Learned how to beat my own face in 30 minutes.
- Made my house a home.
- Mastered many domestic arts. I’ve taught myself to cook REALLY well, install light fixtures, put up wallpaper, transform furniture, and more.
- Mentored young women that look like me.
- Obtained professional certifications.
- Pledged the best sorority in the world and nurtured lifelong friendships through it.
- Set and enforced boundaries between myself and toxic people.
- Snorkeled and swam with sharks.
- Successfully negotiated coins both in my day job and side hustle.
- Talked about my passions on TV.
- Tithed consistently.
- Traveled abroad.
- Traveled alone.
- Traveled with friends.
- Transformed my smile.
- Treated myself to designer shoes…a few times. 🙂
- Went natural.
If you’ve made it down to the end, you’re a real one and I appreciate you. I’ll catch you back here on the other side of my vacation. In the meantime, I’m probably posting from Puerto Rico over on Instagram so check that out. As always, thanks for reading!
P.S. This is the first year I didn’t bake a birthday cake. If you’re looking for something like that, here are the MVPs from years past: