This spicy chipotle skillet meal recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #RediscoverLaMorena #CollectiveBias
I was inspired by LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo to create a dish that is extremely versatile. Let me tell you what I mean. As-is, the spicy chipotle skillet meal takes under an hour to make and all in one pan. Additionally, it's gluten-free, dairy-free, and not lacking in the color or flavor departments! Making modifications is easy, too. Want grain free? Nix the corn. Vegan or Veg? Cut the ground turkey. You can also add in other veggies of your choosing and still wind up with amazing deliciousness.
This spicy chipotle skillet meal is a completely new dish and I am so proud of how it turned out, y'all. It's colorful, clean, and can be customized to your specific taste. Easy cleanup is another plus. As y'all know, I love spicy dishes so the LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo were the perfect ingredient to make this a memorable meal that I'll turn to for lunch and dinner again and again. I used the whole 7-ounce can but you can use more or less according to your heat preference. This has become a new pantry staple and I can't believe I've never used LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo before when LA MORENA® has been in the game for over 45 years with products like this one made in the style and with the taste of the authentic Mexican home and traditional recipes. Should I turn in my Texan card? Don't answer that!
I finished my spicy chipotle skillet meal with a sprinkle of cheese then wrapped it up in a couple of tortillas but you could also serve it over rice, with a salad, or just eat it by itself. Growing up in southwest Houston, Texas (the most culturally-diverse area in the country), Fiesta Mart was a family go-to for international ingredients whether they be herbs for Nigerian dishes or spices for making Tex-Mex. So naturally, I picked up my LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo from Fiesta!
This recipe is the start of this year's fall product focus: sweet potato. Last year was apple and the year prior was pumpkin. Be on the lookout for new recipes featuring sweet potato throughout October! In the meantime, below are some past sweet potato favorites. Thanks for reading!
- Sweet Potato Praline Bread Pudding
- Butter Pecan Sweet Potato Spirals
- Alternative Baked Potatoes
- Fresh Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy Chipotle Skillet Meal
- 1 can La Morena chipotle peppers in Adobo (7 ounces)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet potato cut into cubes
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces) drained
- 1 can sweet corn (15 ounces) drained
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- ⅓ white onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- cilantro chopped
- shredded cheese optional
- 1 avocado cut into chunks, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium flame. Add onion, sweet potato, and tomato to pan and cook until onions start to turn translucent and tomatoes start to break down.
- Clear a circle in the center of the pan and add ground turkey, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Mix together.
- Once turkey is almost browned, add chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, black beans and corn. Cook everything through, stirring occasionally and breaking up the peppers with the spoon as you go.
- Once fully cooked, garnish with avocado chunks, cilantro, and cheese, if desired. Serve over rice, in tortillas, or with a salad. Enjoy!