What kind of meal can you make in 10 minutes? A solid sandwich or maybe a bowl of cereal probably come to mind. While these are OK, they aren't particularly fancy or exciting. But don't worry--I've got you. After today, you can add delicious garlic butter sheet pan shrimp & scallops to your 10-minute recipe recall. Yes, I said what I said. This broiled shrimp and scallops is a 10-minute recipe!
This is yet another dish borne of my desire to keep weekly meal planning interesting. With an easy shrimp and scallops recipe on the brain, I grabbed frozen shrimp and scallops, as well as fresh baby spinach and sweet baby tomatoes while grocery shopping with a quick saute like this one in mind. But after coming across this broil method, I adapted it to make my meal prep situation even easier. It turns out that sheet pan scallops and shrimp are an elegant option for date night or entertaining but also easy enough to make on any given weeknight no matter how little time you have to spare.
After a few minutes of prep, everything cooks up to perfection in only five minutes under your oven's broiler. In that short amount of time, your kitchen will be filled with mouthwatering fragrance. And the result tastes as perfect as the aroma. The broiled shrimp is juicy and perfectly cooked. The broiled scallops are buttery. And the flavors are completely on point. Serve this over pasta or rice or pair with your favorite veggies.
Sheet Pan Shrimp & Scallops Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Baby Tomatoes
- Baby Spinach
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
I hope you enjoy easy sheet pan shrimp & scallops for yourself very soon--they won't take much time to make at all. 🙂 For more sheet pan meals, check out this roasted chicken & veggies and these colorful power bowls. Thanks for reading!
P.S. More yummy shrimp recipes:
- Sweet & Spicy Shrimp Broccoli Stir Fry
- Quick Shrimp & Tomato Pasta
- Coconut Lime Shrimp & Plantain Power Bowls
Wondering how to broil shrimp? Here's the how-to on that!
Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Shrimp & Scallops
- ½ pound shrimp fresh or thawed
- ½ pound scallops fresh or thawed
- ¼ cup butter cut into pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 pint sweet baby tomatoes cut into halves
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/10 onion diced
- crushed red pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Place an oven rack in the second highest position (about six inches from broiler). Preheat oven to broil setting. Meanwhile, thaw shrimp and scallops, if necessary, and pat dry. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add butter to a ½ sheet pan and place pan on positioned oven rack until butter melts (about one minute).
- Once butter is melted, remove pan from oven and add olive oil and lemon juice then carefully stir in garlic, onion, and crushed red pepper. Add tomatoes, shrimp and scallops to pan and stir to coat in butter mixture. Place pan back in oven for three minutes.
- Stir contents of pan to ensure no sticking and even cooking. Return to oven for two more minutes then carefully remove.
- Stir spinach into pan, ensuring it gets coated with butter mixture so that it wilts.
Adapted from MyRecipes' Broiled Shrimp and Scallops