It's dinner time. Does lemon rosemary chicken breast, herbed carrots and potatoes, and sweet & spicy brussels sprouts sound good to you? Me, too. How about in under an hour and on one pan, at the same damn time? You're in the right place, friend. Today's sheet pan roasted chicken & veggies is an easy family dinner or a great mix-and-match workweek lunch option that you won't tire of. Juicy, simply seasoned chicken breast and seasonal fall veggies cook up all on one sheet pan to make for the perfect easy meal. Let's get into it.
Why Sheet Pan Meals are Convenient
One of the most common reasons y'all tell me you don't prep meals ahead of time is that you don't want to eat the same thing every day. In response to that, I say this sheet pan roasted chicken & veggies is a versatile recipe to add to your meal prepping routine because it's easily customizable. You can load up on veggies for meatless Monday, add extra chicken on days you need more protein, etc. This sheet pan meal can also be customized to fit any diet. Vegan? Replace the chicken with your favorite plant-based protein or even more veggies. (You'll also want use maple syrup instead of honey on the brussels sprouts.) Keto? Swap out the potatoes for a low-carb vegetable you like. I think you get the idea. On top of all that, it's delicious (peep the flavors above). Want more options? Try sheet pan power bowls next. You're welcome!
Tips for Making Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken & Veggies
- To roast your chicken & veggies meal all at once, you'll need a full sheet pan or two half sheet pans.
- One key to the success of a sheet pan meal is that all the components cook in the same amount of time. To achieve that, be mindful of the size of each component. In this recipe, cut the carrots and potatoes into pieces no larger than one-inch to ensure they cook at the same rate as the chicken and brussels sprouts.
- For crispy brussels sprouts, spread them out on the pan so that none touch.
- A major selling point of a sheet pan meal is easy cleanup. So be sure to use a non-stick pan or spray yours with non-stick spray before baking.
I hope sheet pan roasted chicken & veggies are a hit in your household. Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe and check out more one-pan meal ideas here. Thanks for reading!
P.S. More quick & delicious dinner ideas:
P.P.S. Sharing is caring. Pin this recipe on Pinterest!
Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken & Veggie Dinner
- 3 Carrots
- 3 small red potatoes
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Butterfly chicken breast then cut into two-inch pieces. Drizzle with lemon juice and about one tablespoon olive oil, season with sea salt, black pepper, and two teaspoons dried rosemary. Toss chicken to coat in oil and spices, then set aside.
- Cut carrots and red potatoes into one-inch pieces. Season with sea salt, black pepper, and dried rosemary. Drizzle with another tablespoon olive oil, toss to coat, and set aside.
- Cut brussels sprouts into halves. Season with sea salt and crushed red pepper. Drizzle with honey and a tablespoon olive oil. Toss and set aside.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on a greased or non-stick full sheet pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is browned and cooked through.
Tamara J. says
Roasted brussel sprouts have been my all time favorite veggie as of late! This is a perfect quick and easy weeknight meal!
Sheet pan dinners don't get they respect they deserve! I say we start a movement and this recipe should lead the charge!
I'm with the movement!
I love Sheet Pan meals and this looks so well seasoned and packed with flavor! YUM!
Katrina Adams says
I can’t wait to try this!! I love sheet pan recipes!!!
Kenya Rae says
I love sheet pan meals. It saves so much time and is so easy.
Yes, they save cooking time AND cleanup time!
I absolutely love sheet pan options! They are so easy. This looks delicious.
I love me a sheet pan dinner!! They're so convenient!
So I tried this recipe for my meal prep last week and it was great! It’s quick, cheap and healthy, all of which is what I need on a weekly basis. Also you can take away and add to it what you’d like so this is right up my alley. I’ll definitely be adding this into my meal rotation!
Yay! I'm so glad this worked out well for you.