I shared a grocery haul on my Instagram a few weeks back and later walked y'all through the easy little meal I whipped up from it. At the time, I was just throwing things together that I thought would taste good. The result was quick, really easy, and highly tasty--all the hallmarks of a great weeknight dinner. Not only did I LOVE this little 15-minute shrimp and veggie skillet so much that I've re-made it more than a few times since, I've also received lots of questions and feedback just off the looks of it from my Instagram stories. Glad to know we're in sync. 🙂 When I made this meal yet again Sunday night, I decided to snap a few pictures in order to properly share the recipe with you.
As the title implies, this dinner clocks in at 15 minutes total, which includes prep and cooking. That's just fifteen minutes from the time you fire up your stove to the time you have a healthy and delicious quick dinner in front of you! To make your own 15-minute shrimp and veggie skillet, you'll only need a few very simple and clean ingredients. Don't you just love it when what's good for you is easy, too? I chose quick-cooking ingredients like sweet baby tomatoes, shrimp, and spinach and flavored them with just salt & pepper, crushed red pepper, and a squeeze of lemon. The sweet potato noodles are what pull this all together into a proper meal as well as provide a pretty pop of color. They cook up quickly, too.
Since this shrimp and veggie skillet cooks up in one pan cleanup is minimal, too. Between us two, I live for a one-pan meal. I don't mind dirtying up a bunch of dishes when I'm in a full-on gourmet mood but that doesn't work on busy weeknights, ya know? This tomato basil chicken is another one-pan fave with flavors similar to the shrimp and veggie skillet. You might also recall the excellent soul food power bowls I made in this same pan. This skillet is definitely one of my major key tools in the kitchen.
I hope this shrimp and veggie skillet makes for stress-free, delicious weeknights for you. If you want more recipes like it, just let me know--I'm here to help. Thanks for reading!
Shrimp & Veggie Skillet for One
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces shrimp (about 8 large shrimp) peeled and de-veined
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1-2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 5 sweet baby tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet potato noodles or veggie noodles of your choice
- crushed red pepper to taste
- juice of one half lemon
- If working with frozen shrimp, place in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to thaw. Remove thawed shrimp from water then pat dry. Season shrimp with black pepper and sea salt. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Peel and chop garlic cloves and slice tomatoes into halves then add to skillet. Cook until garlic is fragrant and tomato starts to break down (about 1 minute) then add shrimp.
- Cook shrimp until bottom and tails turn pink (about 2 minutes) then flip. Add spinach to skillet and stir until wilted (less than one minute).
- Stir in sweet potato noodles and crushed red pepper then squeeze lemon juice over top. Turn off heat. The residual heat and steam in the pan will soften the sweet potato noodles.