Thank you to DaVinci® for sponsoring this Easy Pasta Skillet Dinner post. As always, all opinions are my own.
Can I be honest with, y'all? I haven't spent much time in the kitchen lately. Work is kicking my butt (in a good way), my social calendar is booked up, and I've got many more opportunities in progress for the blog than usual. These are all great things that lead to me being pressed for time. In busy seasons like this one, I turn to quick and easy recipes in order to avoid eating/ordering out for every meal. Today, I've partnered with DaVinci® to bring you a scrumptious weeknight dinner (or maybe workday lunch?) that you will turn to time and time again because it's not only easy but also absolutely yummy. If that wasn't enough, it's extremely versatile. After reading this, you'll want to add all the ingredients for this meal to your grocery list AND add entering the DaVinci® sweepstakes to your to-do list--you can win a year's supply of pasta, grocery gift card, cooking tools, and more! Now, allow me to introduce you to the pasta skillet dinner of your dreams.
With this pasta skillet dinner, everything cooks up in under 30 minutes, in one pan and you don't even need to boil your pasta. What?? Yes, girl! I just added DaVinci® bowties to the rest of my ingredients and let the magic happen. Even if you don't typically enjoy cooking, the ease of creating this meal will have you smiling in the kitchen and at the dinner table a few minutes later. It's truly a fun & done dish. This is the perfect meal no matter what is causing your busy season. Back to school time? Check. House guests in town? Check. One of my biggest tips for saving time (and, thus, having more fun) in the kitchen is one-pot recipes. No fuss, no hassle, and almost no cleanup required.
Did I mention that this is a super versatile dish? I used DaVinci® Bowties, some veggies, and leafy greens and added crushed red pepper for a little kick. The ingredients are simple and easy to find at your local Tops store! You can swap out your favorite veggies and greens and even add a pre-cooked protein (think rotisserie chicken or sliced sausage) to this pasta skillet dinner. The spice types and intensity is also open to interpretation. If crushed red pepper isn't your thing, you might try a bit of chili powder for smokiness. This pasta skillet dinner is a simple meal that can be customized with whatever produce you have on hand and to suit your preferences and personality.
What's your go-to meal during busy seasons? I encourage you to try this pasta skillet dinner. (And share your creation on Instagram and tag DaVinci® #pastabilities #funanddone #anythingispastable for a chance to be featured!) You can also find more unique recipes, aka pastabilities, on the DaVinci® Facebook page. I've linked more quick and easy one-pot recipes just below, too. Thanks for reading!
P.S. more one-pot meal ideas:
Easy Pasta Skillet Dinner
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 2 portabello mushrooms cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 ounces DaVinci bowties
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes or marinara sauce
- 14 ounces water
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
- black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- parmesan cheese to taste
- Add olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about two minutes).
- Add broccoli and carrots then sauté until tender (about three minutes), stirring regularly. Add in mushrooms and sauté for about two minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add pasta to pan then cover with crushed tomatoes (or marinara sauce) and water. Stir in sea salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper then loosely cover pan.
- Cook until sauce is bubbly then reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove pan from heat then stir in spinach until wilted. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.