This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyFavoriteRolls #SisterSchuberts #SistersKroger
I'm very excited to put you onto today's easy breakfast recipe because it's such a delicious time saver on work and school mornings. I call these morning sliders because we typically think of slider sandwiches as appetizers or snacks. But they're also perfect for busy weekday mornings when you need a filling, grab-and-go breakfast option. I'm going to show you how to meal prep breakfast with Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls 10 Count and a few other simple ingredients. Let's get into it.
If you've been reading here for a while, you know I am the queen of breakfast for busy mornings. While spending more time at home, it's been important to make mealtimes interesting but I still don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. My morning sliders come together so quickly and can be made ahead of time for the whole week or quickly created for a crowd. I pick up all the ingredients at my local Kroger and grab Sister Schubert's® Rolls from the freezer aisle. My mom put me onto Sister Schubert's® years ago and these rolls have become a family favorite because they're so convenient but still have real homemade taste for real life meals.
Breakfast Sandwich Ingredient Ideas
Pantry and fridge foraging recipes have been quite popular, as of late, and these easy breakfast sliders are another great way to use up whatever you have on hand. Here are the basics of what you'll need for this recipe.
- Eggs - Sometimes, breakfast just isn't complete without eggs, don't you agree? For these morning sliders, I make mini omelettes that bake all at once in the oven! It's a time and effort saving trick that makes it easy to meal prep breakfast for busy mornings. I'm partial to mixing fresh baby spinach and sliced mushrooms into my eggs but the options are virtually endless. Anything you can think of throwing into your eggs would work or you can just bake them up with a bit of seasoning. Wondering how to bake eggs for breakfast sandwiches? Peep the recipe card below.
- Vegetables - I mentioned tossing my favorite veggies into the eggs but you don't have to stop there. Slice up a sweet potato and roast it with a sprinkle of cinnamon for a touch of sweetness in your breakfast sliders. It provides a nice balance of flavor, color, and some fiber.
- Protein - Fully cooked protein will be your best friend in this recipe. I use turkey sausage patties but, again, you've got options. Leftover dinner meat also works well in morning sliders. You can even use a plant-based breakfast protein to make a vegetarian breakfast sandwich.
- Cheese - I include a nice dollop of goat cheese on each slider for tangy flavor and creamy texture. It perfectly complements the savory and slightly sweet flavors of the sausage, egg, and sweet potato. You can make your breakfast sliders this way or feel free to add slices or shreds of your cheese of choice.
Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls are literally the things that hold my morning sliders together. They're the perfect size and stand up to all the ingredients I stuff into them. Versatility is a must for me and Sister Schubert's® rolls are more than just a holiday roll--I like them for everyday meals, as well. Whether you have little ones at home or plan to host family for the holidays, this breakfast sandwiches recipe works every time.
I'm happy to partner with Sister Schubert's® on this morning sliders recipe not only because they're a family fave but also because Sister Schubert’s® continuously gives back to local communities through its Share the Warmth program, where the brand works with local organizations to support those in need during tough times. This year has shown us all the importance of community and supporting mission-driven organizations.
Click here to shop your local Kroger.
Hoping these morning sliders simplify your routine so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more with the people you love. And sharing is caring so be sure to pin this easy breakfast idea on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
P.S. more make-ahead breakfast ideas to fuel your days:
Filling bite-size breakfast sandwiches made with patty sausage, sweet potato, mini omelettes, and goat cheese
- non-stick cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cup baby spinach
- 3 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato (about 6 inches long)
- olive oil
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 package Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls 10 Count
- 10 fully cooked sausage patties
- 4 ounces goat cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet and a 12-count muffin tin with non-stick spray then set aside.
In a bowl, whisk eggs together until mixture is uniform and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Season with sea salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder to taste then stir in baby spinach and sliced mushrooms.
Divide egg mixture evenly between 10 cavities of the prepared muffin tin.
Slice sweet potato into 10 rounds, each about ⅓-inch thick. Place on prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with sea salt, black pepper, and cinnamon to taste. Flip and rub sweet potato to coat all sides with oil and seasoning.
Place both pans into oven and bake for 20 minutes or until sweet potato rounds are fork tender and slightly golden on top. Tops of eggs should be firm with a slight spring when pressed.
Meanwhile, place Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls and sausage patties on another baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
To assemble breakfast sliders, cut each Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Roll in half horizontally and spread a bit of goat cheese (about one tablespoon) on each bottom half. Then add sausage patties, eggs, and sweet potato rounds. Finish with top halves of Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls.
- To store breakfast sliders for the week, wrap each one in a piece of foil then place all wrapped sliders in a zip-top bag or airtight container and store in the refrigerator. To reheat, place a wrapped slider in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Remove foil and enjoy carefully!