Bourbon Caramel Apple Cider is the perfect spiked, cozy fall and winter drink that's ready in under 10 minutes with just three ingredients.
This spiked warm cider will make you feel warm and fuzzy in more ways than one. And, with just three ingredients, it couldn't be simpler to make. There are also only three steps to make it: just add the ingredients to a saucepan or mug, heat, and stir! I created this boozy apple cider recipe on the stove-top but you could also make it in the microwave if that preparation better suits your situation. Let's get into the delicious details!
If you love warm spiked drinks for fall and winter, try these recipes, too.
What Do I Need for Bourbon Caramel Cider?
To make this easy spiked apple cider recipe, you'll only need three core ingredients and a couple of suggested garnishes.
- Pre-mixed Apple Cider - Look for it in the produce section at your grocery store on on the juice aisle.
- Caramel Candies - They're typically individually wrapped and on the baking or candy aisle.
- Whipped Cream (optional garnish)
- Cinnamon (optional garnish)
What kind of bourbon can I add to apple cider? Use your favorite bottle for this! I like Brough Brothers Bourbon or Bulleit Bourbon or Hudson Baby Bourbon when I'm feeling especially fancy, in my cup.
And whipped cream is listed as an optional garnish in the full recipe card below but you should definitely do it. As the whipped cream melts into the warm cider, the creaminess collides with the sweet, spiced, bourbon-y flavors to make pure magic, y'all.
In my circle of friends, I'm known for mixing up silent but deadly cocktails, meaning the alcohol doesn't slap you in the face but will sneak up on you and put your on your you-know-what after a while. 🙂 This is one of those drinks. Of course, you can feel free to dial back the bourbon as you see fit. As a whiskey lover, I think it's just right.
Bourbon Cider How-To Video
Tools for this Recipe
What tools do I need to make hot cider on the stove? In addition to the ease and quickness of this apple whiskey cider, you won't need any special tools to make it! Grab a small saucepan to heat the cider and caramel together, a jigger or a shot glass for the bourbon, and a kitchen spoon for stirring. As far as serving the cider, I like to sip mine from crystal clear glass mugs for aesthetic or my go-to Rich Auntie Mug.
And if you are already a fan of my red wine hot chocolate, you'll love this warm, autumnal concoction. It's an ultra cozy drink and, although it doesn't taste extremely boozy, it is potent--so sip responsibly. 🙂 Here are a few more whiskey drinks to try, too:
- Brown Sugar Pineapple Whiskey Sipper
- Bubbly Bourbon & Berry Drink
- Whiskey Champagne Cocktail
- The Kentucky Mule
Best believe I'll have a mug of spiked caramel cider in hand on many more occasions throughout the upcoming holiday season. I'm actually sipping some as I type this. 🙂 The temperatures dropped this morning and it just felt like the perfect day to curl up on the couch with a mug. I hope you enjoy a mug yourself--and let me know how you like it. And sharing is caring so be sure to pin this bourbon caramel apple cider recipe on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
P.S. Bourbon is not just for drinks around here:
Boozy Apple Cider Recipe
Bourbon Caramel Apple Cider
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup bourbon whiskey
- 12 caramel candies unwrapped
- whipped cream optional garnish
- cinnamon optional garnish
- Add apple cider and caramel to a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stirring regularly, heat mixture until caramels melt then lower heat (about two minutes).
- Once cider reaches a uniform consistency (about two minutes), turn off heat then stir in bourbon.
- Divide cider evenly between two mugs and garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy carefully and responsibly!