This "Be your own Bartender" DIY Drink Station post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CelebratorySips #CelebrateWithSmirnoff #CollectiveBias
Since hands-off hosting is the best kind of hosting, we are redefining BYOB today. If you want to let your guests do their own creative drink mixing, this "Be your own Bartender" DIY drink station tutorial is your new BFF.
Whether you're hosting brunch, a backyard BBQ, game night, or a casual kickback, a DIY drink station is a fun and simple way to let your guests serve themselves. This drink station works in even the tightest of spaces. I used my bar cart here, but you can recreate this setup almost anywhere from the kitchen counter to the coffee table. You probably already have most of these things on hand, plus the Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzers I used come in slim 12oz cans that don't take up much fridge or counter space. All you really need is a flat surface and the supplies listed below to make a DIY drink station of your own.
What You'll Need
- Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer (I used Cranberry Lime, Watermelon, and Orange Mango flavors)
- Sliced fresh fruit of your choosing (oranges, lemons, limes, strawberries, etc.)
- Fresh herbs (mint, basil, rosemary, etc.)
- Fruit juice (cranberry, orange, pineapple, etc.)
- Glasses or cups
- Straws (optional)
- Chill fruit juices, Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer, and fruits ahead of time.
- Cut and arrange fruit in bowls or on platters for easy access.
- Set up all drink ingredients on your desired surface with glasses, ice, and straws nearby.
- Pour up a drink or two to provide inspiration for your guests to create their own concoctions.
- For an extra touch, pour your fruit juices into carafes or pitchers.
I chose to use Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer for this DIY drink station because they're infused with natural fruit flavors, purified water, and no added sugar. They're also crafted to remove gluten, so I know they'll work for all of my guests. Between the crisp, bubbly Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer, your favorite fruit juices, and fresh fruit and herbs, the possibilities are endless. Just in case you need some suggestions for bomb combinations, though, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Cranberry Lime + Cranberry Juice + Lime Slices + Pineapple
- Lemon Berry + Basil + Strawberry Slices
- Watermelon + Lemon Slices + Mint
- Orange Mango + Orange Slices + Pineapple Juice + Mint
Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer is carried in many retailers, including grocery stores, so you can pick up everything you need for your own DIY drink station in one stop. Clickhere to find out where to pick up a variety pack and try out the combinations above. If you have ideas for combinations I haven't thought of, please share in the comments below. Thanks for reading!