Citrus scented cake donuts have bright orange flavor with a burst of champagne baked in and glazed over top!
Today, I'm sharing yet another donut recipe. If you've been reading here for any period of time, you've likely come across a slew of baked donut recipes ranging from gingerbread donuts for Christmas to sweet strawberry donuts for summertime. I love baking cake donuts because they are like a blank canvas for experimentation and are much easier to make than cupcakes. Obviously, I love this donut recipe for brunch. So, let's get into these bright little baked bundles of bubbly and vitamin C!
If you like unique donut recipes, you'll love these:
- Funfetti Birthday Cake Donuts
- Pumpkin Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Strawberries & Champagne Donuts
You know how some things taste even better as leftovers? These baked mimosa donuts are one of those things. They're yummy when freshly made but don't lose any of their tastiness when refrigerated and reheated (or not reheated). I first tested this recipe last month, shortly before hosting some of my girlfriends who were in town for a wedding. Since the donuts had been in a the fridge for a few days, I didn't call too much attention to them. Surprisingly enough, they were still a hit. The champagne and fresh orange flavors shone through.
Not only can you taste the flavor notes, you can also see little orange flecks in the donuts--that's orange zest! To make these, you just need the basic ingredients you'd use for a cake or cupcakes plus your favorite champagne and a couple of oranges. And if you don't already have one, you'll need a donut pan, too! Here's the full baked orange champagne donuts ingredients list:
Baked Orange & Champagne Donut Ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Navel oranges
- Powdered Sugar
- Sea salt
- Vanilla extract
These baked mimosa donuts are just in time for any Mother's Day brunch plans you might have. In fact, they'll fit quite nicely into just about any brunch menu. Here are a few ideas of what to serve with my mimosa donuts.
- Cheese Eggs
- Cherry Pop Tarts
- Loaded Bacon & Kale Quiche
- Smoky Baked Breakfast Potatoes
- Turnt Tequila Mimosas
In typical Jazzmine fashion, I'm already planning yet another donut recipe as well as a cocktail recipe. Stay tuned for those and thanks for reading!
Easy Mimosa Donuts Recipe
Baked donuts flavored with fresh orange juice, zest, and bubbly champagne
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup champagne
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large navel oranges zested and juiced
- 6 tablespoons champagne
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 orange zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sea salt, and orange zest.
- In another bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, champagne, orange juice, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until uniform and no dry pockets remain.
- Convey batter into a pastry bag or ziploc bag with one corner snipped off. Pipe into donut tin and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops are firm to touch. You can flip one donut out of the tin to see if the bottom has browned as the tops should not brown. Remove donuts from pan to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix up glaze ingredients. Once donuts have cooled to room temperature (about 20 minutes), dip each one in glaze. Allow to harden then dip again.