If you've been reading here for any amount of time, you know that I'm not an avid coffee drinker. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I drink it in a given year. Enter Mud\Wtr: an all-natural organic blend I can mix up for hot or iced morning drinks with 1/7th the caffeine of coffee. I've tried it in a number of ways, including straight up and in smoothies. Today we're talking about my favorite combination, the spiced honey Mud\Wtr latte. And because I know this recipe will intrigue you, go ahead and save my mud\wtr discount code for when you order Mud\Wtr for yourself: DASHOFJAZZ gives you 15% off. Let's get into it.
My spiced honey Mud\Wtr latte is a treat to start the day with, especially on these cozy fall and winter mornings. The flavor is earthy, with hints of sweet and spiciness and takes just five minutes to make. If you're trying to kick a coffee habit or just cut back, I think this is a great alternative. Mud/Wtr provides natural energy and focus without a crash and the benefits are real. Peep the ingredient list below.
What's in Mud\Wtr?
Mud\Wtr is made up of things I love and normally eat and drink so it's been a seamless add to my routine. If you're curious about what's inside, here's a breakdown of the ingredient list. Everything is USDA Organic, non-GMO, and Whole 30 approved!
- Mushroom Blend
- Black Pepper
- Black Tea Powder
- Himalayan Pink Salt
I worked as a barista during the summer before college and got burnt out on coffee that way but I still enjoy having a morning ritual. I've been reliving those professional days by using the electric frother that comes in the Mud\Wtr Starter Kit and it elevates my spiced honey mud\wtr latte into a frothy little number. Making it is a nice moment to myself before I jump into what always seems to be a full day. If you want to try Mud\Wtr for yourself, be sure to use code DASHOFJAZZ for 15% off your purchase!
Spiced Honey Mud\Wtr Latte Tips
Like most of my recipes, you have some flexibility in how you make your spiced honey latte. Here are a few tips to help make it your own.
- Milk - I'm partial to plant-based milks and like to use an almond coconut milk blend in this recipe. It's a good balance of creamy and smooth. Oat milk is another good option. You can also use plain water and add Mud\Wtr creamer, which is made from coconut milk and MCT oil.
- Spices - In addition to spices already included in the blend, I add a sprinkle of clove and more nutmeg to my spiced honey Mud\Wtr lattes for coziness and finish with a sprinkle of cayenne over top. These perfectly compliment the earthy flavors and make sure I'm awake! Feel free to dial the spices up or down to your taste.
- Honey - My recommendation for this latte is raw honey for even more good-for-you goodness but feel free to use whatever honey you prefer. You can also swap in maple syrup or agave nectar to make this a vegan spiced honey Mud\Wtr latte.
Nutrient-dense drinks are my jam because it tastes and feels good to be sipping in so much goodness--talk about efficiency. I hope you'll try the spiced honey Mud\Wtr latte for yourself and know you'll love it, too. Sharing is caring so be sure to pin this recipe on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
P.S. Here's that discount code again so you don't have to scroll back up: DASHOFJAZZ. Go ahead and save 15% sis!
How to Make a Spiced Honey Mud\Wtr Latte
An earthy, hot morning drink with hints of sweetness and spiciness
- 1 ⅓ cup steaming hot milk I use an almond coconut blend
- 1 heaping spoonful MudWtr Mud
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Sprinkle of powdered nutmeg
- Sprinkle of powdered clove
- Sprinkle of powdered cayenne
Add hot milk, Mud, honey, nutmeg, and clove to a large cup (like a travel cup or a multi-cup measuring vessel). The mixture should fill the cup less than halfway. This will help prevent splattering and spilling when using the electric frothing wand.
Stir the mixture vigorously until Mud is dissolved and liquid is smooth and uniform.
Holding the frothing wand at a 45-degree angle, insert it into MudWtr mixture and turn on. Move wand in circles and up and down between the surface of the liquid and the bottom of the cup to incorporate air into the liquid for about 30 seconds. This is what creates the bubbly foam.
Pour latte and foam into a heat-safe mug and sprinkle cayenne over top. Enjoy carefully.