This peppermint cocoa dip post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyItalianMoment #CollectiveBias
If you've been following my recipes for a while, you know that I love cocoa and peppermint flavors around the holidays. There are these candy cane cookies (a family favorite), this red wine hot cocoa, and, most recently, these frozen peppermint hot cocoa frappes. Today, I'm sharing another recipe with cocoa and peppermint flavors that is just in time for holiday entertaining.
You can put this dip together in just five minutes. That's five minutes to a sweet holiday appetizer that will delight guests at any gathering. Whether you serve this at your own party or take along to someone else's, make sure you have the right dippers to convey it from bowl to mouth! I paired this peppermint cocoa dip with Mulino Bianco Galletti cookies because they are light, crisp, and sweet--with a flavor that complements it perfectly. The dip looks just like a mug of peppermint hot cocoa with whipped cream and the flavor is just the same. As an added bonus, there's no heating required.
Peppermint Cocoa Dip Tutorial
1. Simply add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix until uniform.
2. Garnish with a sprinkle of crushed peppermint candy.
3. Serve with your favorite cookies and enjoy!
Mulino Bianco are Italy's #1 brand of cookies and come in a variety of flavors. I'm thinking of pairing with other dips or just enjoying with coffee and milk with my mother. How would you enjoy this cookies? Let me know if there are any combinations you'd like to see me tackle here on the blog.
I picked up these Galletti cookies at my local H-E-B and snagged a digital coupon for y'all to use if you want to pick up a package of your own. Click here for $0.75 off any ONE (1) Mulino Bianco item. Thanks for reading!
Peppermint Cocoa Dip
- 14 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ cup melted chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- crushed peppermint candy (optional garnish)
- Mix all ingredients except for crushed peppermint candy in a large bowl.
- Convey dip to a serving bowl then top with crushed peppermint candy, if desired.