This dark chocolate chai baked oatmeal recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SameSilkySmoothTaste #CollectiveBias
I get quite a few requests for plant-based recipes or dairy-free tweaks to my existing recipes so I'm really excited to share this dark chocolate chai baked oatmeal with y'all today. If you've checked out any of my other recipes then you know I always use almond milk but this tasty little number is completely dairy free thanks to a couple of easy substitutions! The flavors in play--dark chocolate, chai spice, and nutty almond--make for an indulgent breakfast experience that you can easily meal prep in about 30 minutes for the whole week. You simply mix all the ingredients up in a bowl, spread into a pan, and bake.
I used Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk, unsweetened applesauce, and coconut oil to create this easy dark chocolate chai baked oatmeal and am so pleased with the result. It's lightly sweet, full of flavor, and a filling and convenient start to the day. I make a batch on Sunday evening, cut it into bars, then pack them up to munch on throughout the work week. My coworkers are always peeking and sniffing around the corner and now I can email them the recipe link. Don't say I didn't warn y'all that you might have to guard your breakfast in the office fridge if you make this. 🙂
Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk or Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk are my go-tos because they're dairy and lactose free. It's my cereal's best friend and a smart swap for milk in my recipes. I grabbed mine from the milk section at Walmart and, when you pick some up, look for the yellow-tagged new packaging. That's what I picked up and it has the new silky smooth taste you’ll love. Check out more #PlantBasedGoodness recipe inspiration here.
If you like chai, check out my chai-spiced pumpkin snickerdoodles, vanilla chai donuts or these pumpkin donuts with cream cheese frosting. Also, more oatmeal recipes to try: pumpkin maple baked oatmeal, apple cinnamon baked oatmeal, homemade instant oatmeal mix. Thanks for reading!
Baked oatmeal you can take on the go with almond, chai, dark chocolate, and coconut flavors.
- 4 cups rolled oats not quick or "instant" oats
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder I use 100% cacao
- 1 tablespoon chai spice
- 1 ⅔ cup Silk Vanilla Unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup Maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- dash sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oats, almonds, cocoa powder, chai spice, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and coconut oil in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well, ensuring there are no dry "pockets" in the mixture. Spread into a square (8" by 8" or 9" by 9") baking pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until top of oatmeal is firm when pressing down on it with your fingers (but not hardened). Cool completely then slice into six pieces. Store covered in the fridge. Keeps for about a week.