This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CreateCozyComfort #CollectiveBias
In case you were wondering, I'm still on a cozy recipes kick. Maybe that seems silly since, in most parts of Texas and surrounding states, we don't really get a proper fall or winter. But I don't think that warming, comforting food is ever a bad idea. We had a bit of a cold snap a few weeks back that inspired me to create this cozy sweet potato chorizo noodle soup with Skinner® Extra Wide Egg Noodles and snuggle up with it for the weekend. It's simple, flavorful, and you can make it in under 30 minutes. Plus all of the ingredients are easy to find at your local Walmart. Let's get into the delicious details.
Hover over this photo to click through to purchase Skinner Extra Wide Egg Noodles at Walmart.
This sweet potato chorizo noodle soup is perfect for chilly days and the fact that it comes together so quickly will make it your new cozy fave for busy weeknights. Noodle soup is a comfort food classic and everyone needs a recipe for it on deck. You might not necessarily think to incorporate chorizo into noodle soup but trust me, it works so well! Skinner noodles are tried and true so I had confidence in adding my own little Tex-Mex kick to it. The chorizo and veggies provide the perfect pops of color and flavor. Add the ingredients I've listed just below to your grocery list then check out the social hub to enter a sweepstakes* for a chance to win! While you're at it, click HERE to earn on Ibotta at Walmart. Once you've grabbed everything you need, you're only about 25 minutes away from a steaming pot of noodle soup. And did I mention the whole thing cooks up in one pot?
What Goes into Sweet Potato Chorizo Noodle Soup?
- Skinner Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- Sweet Potato
- Chorizo (spicy or mild, per your preference)
- Baby Spinach
- Chicken Broth
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
If it's cold where you are, I hope you're staying warm. A bowl of sweet potato chorizo noodle soup will definitely help with that. Check out more quick dinner ideas here and endless one-pot recipe ideas here. Thanks for reading!
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Riviana Cozy Comfort Dishes Sweepstakes begins 2/12/20 and ends 4/11/20. Legal resident of US. At least 18. Operated by Inmar Brand Solutions Inc. Official Rules at http://bit.ly/RivianaCozyComfortDishesSweepstakesRules
Sweet Potato Chorizo Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 ounces spicy chorizo sausage
- ⅓ onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 6 ounces Skinner Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- fresh parsley optional garnish
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a medium-sized pot or Dutch oven then add chorizo over medium-high heat. Cook for about ten minutes. Meanwhile, cut up your veggies.
- Add remaining olive oil, sweet potato, onion, and garlic to pot and stir to incorporate. Continue to cook for about five minutes then add in chicken broth and noodles.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about five minutes or until noodles and sweet potato are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach until wilted. Serve hot and consume carefully.