I was compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Nature Made® for this post. All opinions are mine alone. #NewLookOfNatureMade #NatureMadeAtWalmart #CollectiveBias
What you do in the morning shapes how the rest of your day goes. Does starting the day off in a state of panic from a missed alarm or with dread about the endless string of meetings awaiting you at the office sound familiar? We've all had less than ideal mornings at some point and will likely have them again from time to time. Smoother, more mindful mornings regularly should be the goal, though. I'm not a morning person at all but have found that being intentional with my time first thing upon waking sets a positive tone for the rest of the day. And it's not rocket science, either. Today, I've partnered with Nature Made® and Walmart to talk about the power of a mindful morning routine because taking the time to focus and fill your tank each morning will fuel you to put effort into the right things throughout your day.
Hover over this image to shop Nature Made products at Walmart.com
How to Establish a Mindful Morning Routine
1. Put your phone away. Gratitude is usually the first thing on my mind when I wake up. After saying "Thank you." I have to fight the urge to grab my phone and start scrolling through various notifications and feeds. The temptation to do it is SO real but mindlessly scrolling through your social feeds is counterproductive to maintaining a mindful routine.
2. Stretch. Nothing major is necessary here. Most of us probably already stretch upon waking without thinking too much about it. If you want bonus points, this morning yoga sequence takes just 10 minutes and can help your circulation and energy levels going into the day.
3. Drink water. A glass of water first thing is easy to do and has been associated with so many benefits. Even better if you add a squeeze of lemon juice!
4. Take your supplements. While you're drinking water, don't forget your vitamins. Vitamin D and Omega-3 are part of my vitamin regimen, specifically, Nature Made® Vitamin D3 50 mcg (2000 IU) Softgels and Nature Made® Triple Omega Softgels from Walmart. If you're familiar with Nature Made®, you might have noticed the NEW yellow caps on these bottles. Keep scrolling for all the details!
5. Take quiet time. There's no right way to go about this. Meditation, affirmations, devotionals, and journaling are all great ways to spend morning quiet time. If you struggle to find time to read more books, why not incorporate time for reading into your morning routine? Put your phone on silent or airplane mode, if that helps block distractions during your quiet time.
6. Then turn on the sounds. Quiet time doesn't mean your morning routine has to be silent. Once up, I typically get ready to my favorite songs, podcasts, or catch up with a friend on the phone. You could also listen to the news or maybe an audiobook. Do whatever works well for you.
Now, let me update you on the Nature Made® vitamins I buy. I tend to shop on auto-pilot when it comes to the products I use all the time. When purchasing my Nature Made® vitamin D and Omega products at Walmart, the new look stood out to me on the shelf immediately. The labels are more modern but still have the green leaves and brown bottle I associate with the brand. These label changes are specific to Walmart and Walmart.com, which is the best place to find your Nature Made products. The quality of the products inside the bottle haven't changed at all, though.
If you shop at Walmart for your vitamins, too, here's what to look for in the vitamin aisle.
Since we're talking about starting off with a mindful morning routine, I have to mention that a good night's sleep is foundational to all of this. What does your morning routine look like? As always, thanks for reading!
P.S. You need to read these, too: