1. Shea Moisture has become a somewhat embattled brand recently but their product range is unmatched and it is a black-owned business with high quality, widely available products. I use the Raw Shea & Cupuacu line on a daily basis, including the Body Butter, Massage Oil, Sugar Scrub, Bar Soap, and Bubble Bath. There are Black Friday deals to be had in two places:
- 30% off sitewide on the Shea Moisture website plus free shipping on orders of $35 or more
- Select Shea Moisture is BOGO 40% off at ULTA
2. The Read is dropping merchandise at 12 am EST on Black Friday! My picks are these Kid Fury and Crissle mugs and the Words Mean Things t-shirt
3. Ivy Park slides are on my own wish list and make great stocking stuffers. This neoprene pair and this blue logo pair are both on sale right now. The backless cap that broke the internet once and is perfect for any queens with natural crowns on your shopping list. Here are my Ivy Park picks:
4. Melanin Apparel has a crazy wide selection of apparel with different color options, fits, and more. The International Playaz Anthem t-shirt is on my list to give myself and others this season. Use code "BLACK17" for 15% off purchases of $50 or more!
5. Inclusive Randomness is not only a black-owned business but also a local (Houston), woman-owned business featuring a variety of products ranging from pins to shirts to decals. For Black Friday, they are bringing back the uber-popular "If folks wanna pop off..." shirt! The entire store is 15% off for Black Friday and see here for the full list of Black Friday specials. I plan to snag one of the Wakanda Panthers t-shirt to wear to the Black Panther opening. 🙂
6. Rihanna's all-inclusive Fenty Beauty is a great option for the beauty lover in your life--especially is they usually have trouble finding their shades. The latest drop has such pretty packaging you almost don't need to wrap it!
7. I, of course, have to encourage you to support my sister's custom art and prints business, Art by Are. I have some of her work in my home (see here) and she is currently accepting commissions for holiday gifting! Check her out on Instagram or shoot her an email.
8. I was first introduced to Obia Naturals a couple of Black Fridays ago. The owner and chief chemist is a black woman from Dallas, Texas, who creates vegan, ph-balanced, non-toxic natural hair and body products. The Curl Moisture Cream is the best moisturizer I've found for my 4c hair and I have to keep it in stock at all times! Use code "obia45" to save 45% off your entire Black Friday purchase on Obia Naturals website. You'll also get free shipping on orders over $60. In case you shop after Black Friday, Obia Naturals products are available at many retailers and my favorites are below.
Happy Black Friday shopping and thanks for reading!