Here's a quick and easy how-to for grainless granola recipe with authentic apple cinnamon flavor--perfect for protein cereal, healthy snacking, and topping desserts! Originally published September 2018. Last updated October 2022. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #MyHonestTea #CollectiveBias
So...what is Grain-Free Granola?
Grain free granola is simply granola without oats or any other kind of grain you might be used to seeing in it. My homemade apple cinnamon flavored granola is a mixture of three kinds of nuts, seeds, spices, and a few other simple ingredients. It's also organic and easy to take on the go! Since September is National Organic Month, I'm pairing this grain-free granola with my favorite flavor of Honest® Tea, Honey Green Tea.
What You'll Need for this Recipe
This low carb granola recipe uses simple, wholesome ingredients and doesn't include refined sugar but, while baking, it actually smells like a pie is the oven! Here's what to add to your Kroger grocery list.
- Apple Chips
- Maple Syrup
- Olive Oil
- Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- Sea Salt
- Vanilla Extract
And don't forget the Honest Tea! It's just a tad sweet so there's no clashing on my palate when I pair the two together. It's also organic and fair trade, which is perfect for National Organic Month. You can pick up all the ingredients to make this apple cinnamon granola recipe and your favorite Honest Tea flavors at Kroger. In addition to the honey green tea flavor, I enjoy the pomegranate blue flavored herbal tea.
Tips & Tools for Making Homemade Granola
- Grab a mixing bowl and spoon, as well as a sheet pan to bake granola on. And I recommend preparing it with a non-stick oil spray.
- How to make homemade granola? Even though this is technically a keto granola recipe, the steps are the same: mix, spread, bake.
- How long does it take to make granola at home? This is a quick recipe you can make in under 30 minutes. The granola only take 20 minutes to bake!
- How do I store granola? Store it in an airtight container and it will keep for weeks of snacking, easy breakfasts, and even dessert topping. Though I doubt it will last that long.
Granola for PCOS
This recipe uses organic ingredients, which is ideal for PCOS management as agricultural pesticides can contain endocrine disrupting ingredients that are transferred to our produce. Honest Tea and this granola are just two easy ways I incorporate organic goodness into my lifestyle. And I incorporate lots of hormone loving ingredients to make a granola that's good for PCOS.
- Cinnamon can help regulate menstrual cycles, reduce insulin resistance, and improve the body's ability to regulate blood sugar.
- Extra virgin olive oil is PCOS friendly and rich in antioxidants.
- Nuts provide both protein, fiber, and healthy fat, which help keep blood sugar balanced and keep things moving effectively through the digestion system.
- Pepitas, or pumpkin seeds, contain fiber and lignans, which are known to reduce hair loss and cholesterol and provide magnesium and essential fatty acids. This is a great seed cycling recipe for PCOS.
Try this granola as a hormone healthy snack idea or check out other ways to add it to your routine below!
How to Eat Grainless Granola
I especially enjoy grain-free granola for breakfast. Pair with warm almond milk for a high protein cereal or top Greek yogurt with it. It's a healthy high protein snack by itself as a kind of trail mix but you can also pair it with fresh fruit. You can also top smoothies or smoothie bowls with granola.
Sharing is caring so be sure to pin this granola recipe without grains for later and follow me over on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
High Protein Apple Cinnamon Granola Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Grain-Free Granola
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 ½ cup cashews
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup plus one tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups apple chips
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Add pecans, cashews, almonds, pepitas, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt to a large bowl and mix together well.
- In a smaller bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla extract until uniform. Pour over dry mixture and stir until well coated.
- Spread mixture out onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15-18 minutes (mixture will no longer be glossy). While the granola bakes, crush apple chips into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool to handle (mixture will become crisp as it cools) before mixing in apple chips.
- Store granola in a ziploc bag or an airtight, sealed container.