Strawberry Cake Donuts
Servings: 20 donuts
Sweet cake donuts with bits of fresh strawberry baked inside
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 1 pint fresh strawberries cut into small pieces
- ½ cup milk I used unsweetened almond
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add chopped strawberries and about 1 tablespoon of sugar to a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, sea salt, and baking powder. In another bowl, mix together remaining ingredients.
Add strawberries to bowl of dry ingredients and mix until coated. Then add wet ingredients and mix well.
Add batter to a piping bag or zip top bag with corner cut off. Pipe into donut pan cavities and bake for about 20 minutes. Tops of donuts will not brown.