I’ll try to keep today’s post short and sweet because these donuts pretty much speak for themselves. Also, it’s been a supremely strange week, y’all. My Sunday was pretty relaxed and I attended a photography workshop with the Houston Blogger Union. I eased into a Monday with an extremely productive morning at work, an amazing midday yoga session, and lunch grabbed from a new [to me] Thai spot. On the way back in, though, I slipped down some stairs in the office parking garage and sprained my ankle. It was an overly-dramatic ordeal that mortified me and highly entertained those I told the story to afterward. *insert eye roll emoji* So, I’ve been working from home these past couple of days (Tuesday and Wednesday) and should be hobbling back into the office as this post goes live (Thursday). A few takeaways:
- Taking out the trash on crutches is nearly impossible.
- Don’t use crutches in rain. Just don’t do it.
- My mom is the best.
- Wine is a suitable substitute for ibuprofen.
- These donuts are delicious but they won’t sustain you for two injured days in the house when your meal-preps are at the office!
This vanilla chai donut recipe follows the proportions of my pumpkin donut and strawberry cake donut recipes and it’s so quick and easy to put together. I like making donuts because they feel just a little more fancy and special than say, cookies or bars. Plus, nobody blinks an eye if you eat them for breakfast! Just don’t fall down any stairs and have these be the only things in your fridge. You won’t be as thrilled with them and will find yourself making dangerous jaunts out in rainy weather where your crutches are liable to slip and slide…both frightening and embarrassing TF out of you.
Stay safe out there and be sure to give this donut recipe a try. 🙂 This is the last post of March so I’ll see y’all next week with posts about home decor and an Easter brunch recipe my family loves. Thanks for reading!
P.S. This month’s newsletter goes out tomorrow and I think if you subscribe today (insert your email below), you’ll get it! In addition to a recap of March, and a preview of April, I’m rounding up my current favorite products articles, and events.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chai spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/8 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk dry ingredients (except brown sugar) together in a large bowl.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix until uniform. Batter should be thick.
- Spoon batter into a piping bag (or zip-top with one corner snipped off) and pipe into donut pans.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until tops of donuts are firm. Makes 9-10 donuts.