I just wrapped up a beautiful few days in Tulum, Mexico filled with lots of relaxing on the beach, eating delicious food, exploring culture, and, of course, rocking fun vacation outfits! I just love putting together (and subsequently over-packing) travel looks and, since my Instagram fam gassed me up on every outfit post, am sharing the details of each look with you here today. Included are several that didn't even make it to Instagram as well as items I packed but didn't get to wear. Scroll for the links to my Tulum wardrobe pieces before they sell out as well as a list of what to pack for your visit to Tulum!
What to Pack for Tulum
Tulum is very hot and humid (not too different from a Houston summer, honestly) so light, breezy, natural fabrics should be the move along with bathing suits, sunglasses, hats, and sandals. Once you arrive, you'll notice that the local style is very laid back and conscious of comfort. The hippie vibes are strong so expect to see tie-dye, tattoos, and earth toned natural fabrics--if you've ever been to Austin, Texas, the aesthetic is similar. Aside from your typical toiletries and travel essentials, below are my Tulum packing recommendations.
- Backpack (This one is my favorite for travel.)
- Beach bag
- Breezy tops and shorts
- Bug Spray
- Cash (Many restaurants and establishments are cash only and some only take pesos. USD are widely accepted, however the exchange rates can vary. Exchange cash for pesos at the airport or at one of the many shops in town for the smoothest experience.)
- Maxi and midi dresses or co-ord sets if you want to dress up for dinner
- Sun hat (I like this one for maximum protection and this one for style)
- Sunglasses (and floating retainer straps so you don't lose them in the water!)
- Sunscreen (Consider purchasing it upon arrival to ensure it is reef safe.)
- Swimwear and cover-up for each day
- Walking shoes
- Water shoes if you plan to visit a cenote (You can purchase these through an excursion agency if you don't have them.)
I hope this look book and packing list are helpful to you in planning for Tulum, Mexico. I'm working on getting the full travel guide up for you within the next week. If you have any questions, let me know below. Thanks for reading!
Pieces Packed But Not Pictured
P.S. More tropical vacay look books: