Are you in need of a contribution for Thanksgiving dinner with bae’s family? Maybe you’re hosting this year? Or maybe, you’re taking something to the office potluck? Whatever your current situation, I’ve got you covered with this little roundup of side dishes! Each one is easy to make, visually impressive, and, most importantly, will pass the taste test! Some of these dishes are new but each one has been road-tested by me at various functions and even plain ol’ weeknight dinners.
Get my Thanksgiving Guide for the best holiday dinner ever!
- Bacon Mac & Cheese
- Candied Sweet Potatoes (slow cooker, GF, vegetarian)
- Crispy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts (vegan, GF, paleo)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Root Veggies (vegan, GF, paleo)
- Rosemary Parm Roasted Potatoes (vegetarian)
- Simply Spiced Roasted Carrots (vegetarian, GF, paleo)
- Spiced Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole (vegetarian)
These are perfect to take to someone else’s Turkey Day dinner because they don’t infringe on the staples like dressing, sweet potatoes, greens, etc. that the host would have already made themselves. (Bringing the greens without being asked is equivalent to fighting words, by the way.) I do #Friendsgiving and #Phamsgiving dinners with friends each year and these sides are good for those events, too. Because the dinners are a bit non-traditional in themselves, you get to mix classic dishes with some that are more modern or tied to a specific culture and blend them all together with good company…and a little Hennessy, if you’re like my friends. 🙂
Something a Little Different
- Balsamic Brussels with Bacon & Brie (keto)
- Brown Butter & Roasted Garlic Mac & Cheese
- Champagne & Greens Salad (vegetarian)
- Dodo (vegan, GF)
- Garlicky Green Beans (vegan, GF, paleo)
- Jollof Rice
- Kale Salad with Caramelized Delicata Squash (vegetarian, GF)
- Lemon Alfredo Roasted Cauliflower (vegetarian)
- Massaged Kale Salad (vegetarian)
- Roasted Ginger Curry Carrots (vegan, GF, paleo)
- Spicy Honey Roasted Brussels (GF, vegetarian, paleo)
- Zesty Lemon Squash (vegan, GF, paleo)
If you are looking to make something more traditional, go with the mashed potatoes or root veggies and if you want to do something a little different go with the ginger curry carrots (my fave!) or zesty lemon squash will work. Each of these dishes has a unique flavor profile and the textures range from crisp (brussels sprouts) to creamy (mashed potatoes). Just click on any of the links for the full, printable recipe for the corresponding dish. If you’re looking for dessert ideas, check out this desserts roundup.
Are you taking a dish to the table this year or maybe doing the hosting? Let me know below in the comments section.Wishing y’all a happy and yummy Thanksgiving and, as always, thanks for reading!
P.S. Get a fool-proof plan for making Thanksgiving dinner in my Holiday Guide!