Packing for a beach vacation in the near future? Here's a tropical travel style guide and list of what to pack for Isla Holbox.
Isla Holbox is a very laid-back island destination about three hours from Cancun via car and ferry. The roads are unpaved, the weather is warm, and shoes are often optional. In fact, I didn't pack any heels for this trip, just a few pairs of slides and my fave colorful sneakers. If you're planning a visit (which you totally should be) and wondering what to pack for an Isla Holbox vacation, let this look book and packing list be your guide! Here's everything I wore on the island and a few tips on how to pack for Isla Holbox.
Like this Isla Holbox Look Book? Check out style for more tropical destinations:
What to Wear on Isla Holbox
What to Pack for Isla Holbox Vacation
I prefer to travel carry-on only and packed every outfit here as well as all my travel essentials into my roller bag and a beach bag, which served as my personal item. Here's my Isla Holbox packing list:
- Beach Bag
- Cash (Many restaurants and establishments are cash-only and some only take pesos. USD are widely accepted, however the exchange rates can vary. Withdraw pesos from your home bank or at the Cancun airport or from the ATM in town for the smoothest experience.)
- Comfortable Sandals (Shoes are optional in some places and the whole island is walkable. There are no hills or trails for hiking so sneakers aren't a necessity unless you wish to workout at your hotel's fitness center or ride a bike.)
- Facial Sunscreen (Use code DASHOFJAZZ for 15% off!)
- Small Handbag for essentials while in town
- Summery Outfits (short sets, mini and maxi dresses, light tops) + a Wrap or light jacket for days with high winds
- Sun Hat because there's little shade to be found on Holbox. (Here's my go-to for maximum sun protection and I love this one for style.)
- Sunglasses + Floating Retainer Straps so your shades don't get lost at sea.
- Swimwear and Cover Ups
- Travel-Size Toiletries
- Waterproof Phone Bag
*I forgot to pack bug repellant but highly recommend you do so. Mosquitoes tore me up during the second half of my trip! Hoping this guide helps you with what to pack for Isla Holbox and be sure to pin this post on Pinterest so you have it for later. Thanks for reading!