Although Houston "seasons" can sometimes blur together, it seems that Spring has officially sprung here. Along with it has come an allergy season so vicious that I [someone who has never suffered from allergies] am experiencing a bit of congestion and some POWERFUL sneezes. *insert wide-eyed and red-cheeked emoji* I was a little worried that my senses of smell and taste would be impacted but that qualm was dispelled the instant I opened up a jar of dried lavender I had purchased a few weeks back. It was pungent, aromatic, and inspired me to create this drink. The honey lavender lemonade is quite simple with only five ingredients but so refreshing and delicious. The lavender adds a bit of a fancy factor to the situation and is not at all hard to incorporate. I made a quick lavender syrup and added that to a run-of-the-mill lemonade recipe. The process was made much more fun thanks to my new juice press. Don't you just love new toys? 🙂
Fragrant lavender and zesty lemon attacked my nose while The Temptations and the satisfying sound of lemons squishing under the weight of my press provided a beautiful Saturday morning soundtrack. At the end of it all, I had a mini spa-like moment sipping the lemonade and staring dreamily out the dining room window...until my weekend errands tapped me on the shoulder like "Um, hello!" I do hope you'll try this drink. It is great for entertaining and so easy to make that you might feel a little crazy picking up the store-bought stuff. You might also want to check out my fizzy honey ginger lemonade.
Have you tried lavender lemonade before? Thanks for reading!
- Juice of 4 large lemons (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 ½ cups honey
- 1 cup hot (but not boiling) water
- ice cold water to fill pitcher
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- Add ingredients for lavender syrup to a small saucepan and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a minute or so then remove from heat and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Strain out lavender and syrup is now ready for use. Store any unused amount in the fridge.
- Add honey to a large (about half-gallon size) pitcher.
- Add in hot water and lemon juice then stir until honey is dissolved.
- Add lavender syrup then fill pitcher with ice-cold water and stir well.