Valentine’s Day 2021 is almost upon us and while celebrations will undoubtedly be different this year, they should still feel special and memorable. If you’re wondering what to cook for Valentine’s dinner, don’t worry. I’ve got you covered with date night dinner ideas that will impress you both without any stress or fancy gadgets or techniques. Just easy-to-follow recipes, everyday kitchen tools, and real flavorful food so you can focus on celebrating Valentine’s Day with dinner at home for your boo. Let’s get into these 30 homemade Valentine’s Day dinner recipes so you can make your grocery list.
Couples Cocktails to Make at Home
Start your Valentine’s Day at home off with a round of delicious cocktails to enjoy while you cook (make it a team effort) and you can continue to sip through your easy romantic dinner for two. Peep the options below with all different spirits plus wines to suit your tastes.
- Blood Orange Bourbon Smash blood orange, bourbon, mint
- Passionfruit Margaritas passion fruit juice, tequila, triple sec
- Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail champagne, pomegranate juice & arils
- Strawberry Mint Mimosas champagne, fresh mint, strawberry nectar
- Spicy Love Potion ginger beer, grenadine, rum
- Whiskey Champagne Cocktail champagne, raspberry liqueur, whiskey
If you’re doing a cozy movie night at home, let me recommend snuggling up with two mugs of red wine hot chocolate.
Easy Valentine’s Day Appetizers
Scale down one of these popular salads or cheesy starters for two people to make it a full course meal at home for Valentine’s Day.
- Champagne & Greens Salad nuts, berries, feta, champagne dressing
- Cheese Plate for Two a mini charcuterie perfectly portioned for two people
- Famous Massaged Kale Salad (GF) blue cheese, pecans, pear
- Praline Baked Brie (GF) brie, pecans, brown sugar
Date Night Entree Ideas
These romantic main dishes are restaurant quality and can stand on their own but are even better with the side dishes below. Whether you are your love are eating clean or want to indulge, there’s something perfect here.
- Brown Butter Cod with Capers (GF) nutty browned butter, capers
- Creamy Salmon Pasta mushrooms, spicy cream sauce, spinach
- Garlic Shrimp & Scallops crushed red pepper, spinach, tomato
- Lemon Alfredo Roasted Whole Cauliflower alfredo, lemon, parmesan
- One-Pot Chicken & Rice chardonnay, garlic, parmesan
- Simple Seared Salmon and Naked Pasta garlic, red pepper, angel hair
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken (GF) harissa, potato, preserved lemon
- Tomato Basil Chicken (GF) fresh basil, garlic butter, tomato
Don’t Forget the Side Dishes
- Brown Butter Roasted Garlic Mac & Cheese three cheeses
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake cheese, rice, shaved brussels
- Dodo (Fried Plantain) (GF) sweet ripe plantain
- Nigerian-Style Jollof Rice red stew, scotch bonnet pepper
- Restaurant Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes (GF) cream, garlic, parmesan
- Spiced Roasted Carrots (Vegan, GF) curry, ginger, olive oil
- Sweet & Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts (GF) honey, red pepper, olive oil
Romantic Dessert Recipes
Finally, dessert is the most important piece of the puzzle, to me. Of all the homemade Valentine’s Day dinner recipes we’ve covered, these are my favorites. Make one of these sweets for your sweetie to end your meal on a high note.
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries an easy Valentine’s classic
- Pear Riesling Sorbet honey, ripe pears, sweet riesling
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake perfectly portioned for two
- Red Wine Strawberry Sorbet dry red wine, frozen berries, lemon
- Red Velvet Cake cream cheese frosting, chocolate covered strawberries
- Strawberries & Champagne Donuts fresh strawberries, champagne glaze
- Upgraded Box Brownies dark chocolate, sea salt, sugared strawberries
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions about how to cook a romantic dinner at home. And sharing is caring so be sure to pin these homemade romantic dinner recipes for 2021 on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
You’ll like these, too: