The best (in my opinion) fruit seasons are upon us, y’all. Spring and summer yield juicy berries, tropical pineapples, mangoes, and kiwis, delicious stone fruits (nectarines, peaches, etc.), cherries, and, of course, perfectly ripe melons. I was surprised to learn recently that quite a few people I know don’t eat much fruit. So, just like moms have to do with picky eaters, I decided to get creative. This post is a roundup of fun and unique ideas to get more fresh (meaning not canned or dried) fruit into your diet. Whether you think fruit is boring, inconvenient to eat, or you’ve just run out of ideas, you’ll find lots of inspo in these 30 fresh summer fruit ideas from drinks to snacks to salads and everything in between. Let’s get into it!
- I love this boozy fruit cocktail made with gin and mint by Renee at Kudos Kitchen.
- These Frozen Cherry Pineapple Margaritas take just five ingredients and two minutes to make.
- Margarita-Infused Watermelon is everything it sounds like and the perfect summer cookout contribution.
- This 2-Step Frosé is made with frozen strawberries, pineapples, and your favorite bottle of rosé.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Kiwi Fruit Pops from Cincy Shopper
- Frozen Chocolate Dipped Bananas from Cincy Shopper
- When peach season arrives, I’ll be trying these easy baked peaches with honey and cinnamon from Kopiaste. They’re a slightly less naughty version of my brulee peaches with Blue Bell. 🙂
- Honey Cardamom Cantaloupe Sorbet from Healthy World Cuisine Magazine
- Easy Sweet Cherry Jam is made with just two ingredients and perfect over biscuits.
- Grilled Pineapple from Beyond the Chicken Coop is beautiful, delicious, and simple to make. Add it to your BBQ plans this summer!
- Fresh Fruit Compotes can be made with cherries, berries, peaches, and more.
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter from Strength and Sunshine
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Frozen Fruit Coolers work with any kind of melon or even kiwi, mango, or dragon fruit.
- Grapefruit Peach Popsicles from Pass me Some Tasty
- Frozen Watermelon Mint Lemonade
- Vegan Coconut Lime Nice Cream from Food Meanderings
Fruit Salads and Dips
- Fruit Salad with Sweet Orange Mint Dressing
- Dina-Marie of My Cultured Palate has a perfect example of beautiful presentation in this orange fruit dip recipe.
- Melon Ball Salad from Zesty Olive
- Tropical Honey Mint Pineapple Fruit Salad served in a pineapple bowl from Honey and Lime
- Watermelon Kiwi Mango Fruit Salsa from Stacey Homemaker
Fun Fruit Presentation Ideas
- Remember how hot watermelon cakes were last year? Krystle at Baking Beauty has an excellent tutorial to make one here.
- Festive Fruit Centerpiece makes for an impressive edible party or gifting project.
- These Papaya Breakfast Boats from Sue at The View from Great Island are the stuff of beautiful breakfast dreams!
- Beautiful Breakfast Tart from Sue at The View from Great Island
Sweet & Savory Combinations
- Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail from Soulfully Made
- Jungle Pineapple Boats from Big Bear’s Wife
- Watermelon Feta Salad with Blueberries from Happy Kitchen Rocks
- Watermelon Cucumber Jicama Salad from The Rising Spoon
- Easy Peach Salsa from Delicious on a Dime
- Pineapple Salsa in a Pineapple Bowl from Melanie Cooks
If you have any fresh summer fruit ideas, please drop them in the comments below. 🙂 Thanks for reading!