I think I’ve mentioned before that brunch is the meal of our generation and my personal favorite. Sweet meets savory. Day drinking meets anything. Breakfast food meets pizza. I might have made that last one up but stick with me because it for sure works! This pizza has a medley of flavors perfect for brunch.
I’ve been talking to my friends lately about how budgeting is probably one of the hardest parts of #adulting so I thought what better way to combat that than a make-at-home brunch recipe? Because nobody wants to forsake their social brunch habit for their budget. Not only is this pizza friendlier to your wallet, it’s also extremely easy, thanks in part to the pre-made Boboli pizza crust I found in this month’s Degustabox.
Just a few minutes of prep time and about 15 minutes in the oven are all it takes to get you to to that special brunch place…in your own kitchen. There’s a little bit of everything in this little pizza: cream cheese, veg, protein, cheese (duh!), and to quite literally top it all off: runny egg. I mean, if that doesn’t scream “millennial brunch goals” then I don’t know what does. Slice up the pizza. Watch the yolk drip seductively onto your plate. Sop it up with your pizza crust. Don’t say I never gave you anything. 🙂 Call your friends, add a pitcher of mimosas, maybe some fresh fruit, and music. Bam! You’re in business. Did I mention I’m a next-level good-time planner?
I hope your week is going phenomenally. If you want the rundown on Degustabox (one of my favorite subscriptions boxes) click here. Dash of Jazz readers get half off their first box by clicking here! Thanks for reading!
In partnership with Degustabox. As always, all opinions are my own.
Brunch pizza made easily on a pre-made crust and topped with gloriously runny egg yolk
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces cooked turkey sausage or protein of your choice
- 1 handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- crushed red pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cream cheese in a thin layer over pizza crust. Then repeat with pesto.
- Add spinach and protein, then top with shredded cheese.
- Carefully crack eggs over top of pizza. Each egg should be at least a couple of inches from the edge of the pizza in order to prevent them running off the sides. Also, it may be helpful to place the pizza on the oven rack before this step.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, sea salt, and crushed red pepper to taste. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted, egg whites and cooked, and yolks are firm to the touch but still jiggly.