I traveled to Belize at the end of last October. This was my first solo trip and my first time abroad. [eek!] I am very into planning and researching so, of course, I scoured local forums and lined up an itinerary ahead of time. One thing that was a must-do on my list was to visit Caribbean Spice Belize. This is a shop in Belize City that carries all-natural spices, sauces, rubs, marinades, and body care products--all made by Chef Libby Vidrine. The ingredients are locally sourced, the products are all natural, and the flavors are just...wow! I used the Mango Ginger Sauce & Marinade on my Pan-Seared Turkey Meatballs a few weeks back and loved it. I left the Belize City store with a bag full of concoctions at the beginning of my trip as well as some wines and liquors from local shops. Throughout the rest of my time in Belize I snorkeled, kayaked, swam, relaxed, explored, and heavily contemplated never coming back home. 🙂 Seriously! It was so hard to get back on the plane. Of course, I returned to the great state of Texas but I definitely plan to return to Belize in the future. Here are the products I picked up and how I plan to use them.
- Honey Ginger Carrot Butter: I plan to spread this on bread and maybe as a glaze on desserts.
- Hot Wing Sauce: Just going to go with the title and use it on wings. 🙂
- Island Lime Marinade: I'd like to try this on shrimp skewers.
- Tropical Heat: This sauce is very hot and made with mangos. I want to combine it with a sweet element on chicken.
- Belizean Season-All: I plan to try this on meats in place of my sea salt, black pepper, and chili powder combo.
- Hibiscus French Herb Vinaigrette: This is very fragrant and refreshing. I plan to add it to salads and wraps.
- Mango Ginger Sauce & Marinade: already used on these meatballs!
- Tipsy Pirate Hot Sauce: This is made with rum, habaneros, mangos, and ginger. I think it would be delicious on anything.
If you have been to Belize before, please let me know below. Thanks for reading!
P.S. Do not fret if Belize isn't in your upcoming travel plans. Caribbean Spice Belize has an online store with international shipping!